Dogs by Just Jaimee
Storyteller April 2017 (alpha) by Just Jaimee
MPM Snapshot by Allison Pennington
Kitteh by Allison Pennington
I Want Candy by Allison Pennington
Then & Now by Allison Pennington
Make It Happen Elements by Pink Reptile Designs
A Daring Adventure by Sara Gleason and Amber LaBau
Greenery by Etc. by Danyale (retired) and Button by Amber LaBau (retired)
---------------------------------
Journaling has 546 words.

Summer of 2013
You should just try it my mom said to us. Apply to get your mortgage and see what happens. We’d been searching for a home to rent with no luck. We just never thought we were financially prepared for a mortgage, but we were overdo on buying a home. So, we applied with USAA for our VA loan and were surprised to get an approval. We were more ready than we thought, and we began our search for a home. We had an area in mind, and it was new construction and after putting offers in on the very busy summer market of DFW we chose a new construction home. We customized it just for us and it would be ready before Christmas. But no, that wasn’t to be. We had no idea the sales agent was the worst version of a used car salesman. She made promises that would never come to be. When we visited to check progress, red flags continued to go off. The quality of the work seemed rushed and poor and delays continued.

Winter 2014
Our relationship with the sales agent became strained. Christmas and the New Year came and went as did our locked in low interest rate. Promised dates of completion ignored and excuses made. It became so hostile that the experience was ruined. The inspection report came back and many of the items would not be repaired. We would take a huge risk buying the home, but we were under a contract and due to lose nearly 5,000 dollars if we backed out. A meeting was called, and the sales agent made insults on my character. Is this our home buying experience? Shouldn’t it be happier and more fun? One of the women in the team interjected and said they would not be selling us this home. We were asked to leave. We immediately began searching for another home desperately. We had only two weeks to be out of our apartment. We decided to look a bit outside of our ideal area. We toured several homes with floorplans we loved, lots of space, even an office, gaming and a formal dining room. The prices were 30,000 less and they came with everything we would need. We weighed the options and chose the best of the group, with the largest street, best lighting from the sun, and the largest master bedroom I’d ever seen! There were minimal construction issues, the inspection was absolutely perfect. A month later we moved into our perfect home.
Winter 2020
Six years later as the anniversary of the purchase of our first home comes along, the house is still exactly perfect. We have slowly filled most of the 2500 square feet with furniture, the landscaping has grown and is beautiful and the office is my perfect work from home space. I even have some bird feeders so that me and the dogs can enjoy a little bit of nature from inside during the heat of the Texas summers. Hindsight is 20/20. The perfect home was out there and it’s important to remember to look outside your comfort zone, be prepared for things to go wrong, and be positive because things will work out and sometimes better than you could have imagined.
    • JillW
      Your . Page . Is . Perfect !
      The design of your page is absolutely stunning - the colors are beautiful and your title work is stellar. Your journaling is wonderful as well! I'm so glad that you were able to find your "home sweet home"!
      Kat likes this.
    • Kat
      @JillW thank you, it means a lot to hear. Much of this is outside of colors and style of my usual so I wasn't sure about it at all. thanks again. <3
    • JillW
      @Kat - You nailed it! :-)
      Kat likes this.
    • EHStudios
      That first experience sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad you got out of that & found your dream place! This page is STUNNING! I love the angle & the "pivot pivot pivot"! Love this Kat!
      Kat likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Kat
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    545.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).