pameladonnis

Scrapbook Therapy

Scrapbook Therapy
pameladonnis, Oct 8, 2010
Description:
Credits:
Papers from You Make Me Smile TLP Collab
Playful Alphas by Lili
Art Notes Alpha, Suzy Q Alpha, Wet Paint Alpha, Paint Splatz, Wax Werx, Artist Paint Tape, and Tiny Type Alpha by CD Muckosky
In My Backpack by Kate Hadfield
Journaling:
I've always felt a need for a creative outlet, which is why I suppose I was first drawn to scrapbooking when pregnant with Ryan. I loved the idea of documenting my new baby's life, all while layering brilliant patterned papers and ribbons, arranging flowers, buttons, and felt elements, and then painting, glueing, doodling, inking, embossing, sewing, stapling, or stamping.
If I wasn't scrapbooking, I was usually devouring layout magazines, taking pictures, or journaling in preparation for my anticipated creative play.
Looking back on my life as a new mom I think I must have had post-partum depression. While I adored my baby who had come to us after a difficult four-year struggle with infertility and miscarriage and greatly appreciated my opportunity to be a mother, I was sad and lonely. A lot.
Scrapbooking during naptimes became a therapy for me as I adjusted from well-respected careerwoman to underappreciated stay-at-home mommy. It gave me the energy I needed to get through the next round of breastfeeding and poopy diapers by helping me notice the moments I knew I'd want to remember. It helped me see the good in my new stay-at-home life and gave me the creative outlet I needed to express these feelings. As I experimented with different styles and techniques, my confidence and knowledge of myself grew.
Now that we have three kids I have a lot less time to scrapbook but it's still a passion and even if I can't get to the creating part, I still try to jot down notes or sketch out an idea for a future page before the memory is lost.
    • shades of bliss
      Wow. Very powerful. I love the way it takes your passion from beginning to future!
    • norton94
      Simply amazing! Love your tender journaling
    • cherryberry
      Great page. I love the journaling - I could have written it myself. It makes me feel connected to people even though I might not have time to see adults "outside" very often. :)
    • crystalbella77
      oh I love this. The journaling is amazing! I can relate sooooo much! Thank you so much for sharing and for moving me
    • bho
      This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your honest feelings.
    • coco
      wow how cool is this... i`m in love with your title
    • stampin_rachel
      I love the journaling here! I think we all use our scrapbooking as some sort of "therapy". Great design too!
    • RebeccaH
      wow pam! this is incredible. i love the thought of focusing on the things you know you will want to remember. that's so key to keeping your sanity as a mother! this is gorgeous!
    • Kate
      Congratulations! Your layout has been featured on the Gallery Standouts blog today!
    • tania
      Your journaling is so thoughtful and rings so true to me, it's my therapy also! Beautiful page!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    pameladonnis
    Date:
    Oct 8, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: