MOC 8.17 - Baby Mine

MOC 8.17 - Baby Mine
melidy, Jan 20, 2020
Description:
Kits used:
I'll Love You Forever - Sahlin Studio
Vellum Alpha - Sahlin Studio

Journalling Reads -
Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t a phrase I’d usually use, as even in tough situations I believe everything happens for a reason. Especially when it comes to the two of you, you’ve thrown me the odd curve ball here and there but I can say I have no regrets. I have tried to appreciate every moment, snuggled you for a little longer than needed, soaked in your smell, carried you, played with you, traveled and laughed with you. I have never wished the time away, hoped you were older, more capable or anything other than just being you; perfect in that moment. If we were to go back in time, there isn’t one thing I’d do differently. Well, possibly one thing, I do regret not having breast fed you for longer. I tried my hardest at the time, but I do sometimes wonder if I could have another try, if I had stopped the hospital giving you a bottle, if I hadn’t let the health visitor get in my head and tell me I wasn’t coping with feeding you both and started supplementing with formula. Could we have done better? Could we have made it longer than 3 months? Would Emilia have taken better to breastfeeding if she hadn’t had a bottle to compare it to?

What I do know is that no matter the answers to those questions, we definitely made the best decision for us at the time. Breastfeeding was making the 3 of us miserable, and it was impacting the rest of the family too. Emilia would scream at my boob for minutes solid until we would give up and give her a bottle - usually by which time we were both sobbing and Evelyn had given up. My supply was running low. I got to the stage where I was dreading the next feed. Eventually we decided to stop and formula feed. The decision was hard for me, I felt like such a failure, breastfeeding is supposed to be a natural thing for mothers but looking back I can see the impact it was having on us and the toll it was taking on all of us.

Ultimately, how you were fed doesn’t change anything, you are the smartest, sweetest, kindest little girls I have ever met and you’ve came on leaps and bounds regardless of how you were fed. While I would have liked to keep up breastfeeding longer, I am happy we managed 3 months. Hindsight really is 20/20.

Under Photo -
And recalling this particular photo, had you been fed and happy, we would never have ended up with this picture of you kissing, since Evelyn was just sucking Emilia’s head because she was hungry - but it lead to one of my favourite photos from your newborn shoot.

Challenge Requirements -
Over 200 words on Hightsight is 20/20 - page has 461 words.
chastml and FarrahJobling like this.
    • FarrahJobling
      STUNNING LO
      cfile likes this.
    • Sokee
      What honest heartfelt journaling from a mother’s perspective, I believe every mother always questions themselves. I nursed 5 babies for 14-16 months, but 1, I didn’t make it more than 4 months I ended up getting pregnant and was so sick I just couldn’t nurse him while being pregnant even though people told me I could, it was just too difficult for me.
      Your daughters are precious! I love the large photo as your main design with journaling being the 2nd main focus, a treasured layout!
    • bjc
      wow...what beautiful babies and love that photo. i know that sometimes we feel the pressure to breast feed but as they say fed is best... i think doing two babies must be so hard and so tiring. you did a great job for 3 months and that counts. i love your page
    • EllenT
      So beautiful!
    • cfile
      This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing, and what an awesome and beautiful photo of your sweet twins! TFS!!
    • flowersgal
      I love that fabulous photo of your twins. I think you did what was best for all. Let go of any regrets. So glad you have enjoyed almost every moment.
    • redplaid3
      Oh, that photo! So gorgeous!! What a lovely story. Doesn't matter how they got fed. They are beautiful!!
    • EHStudios
      I relate to this so freaking much, minus the twin part. Doctors get too much in your head & for an emotional person that makes a huge impact. Just blah!! Your page is gorgeous though! And you are raising great girls! Love your layout!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    melidy
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    412.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).