Cherylndesigns

MOC8 Day 17 Hindsight is 20/20

MOC8 Day 17 Hindsight is 20/20
Cherylndesigns, Jan 17, 2020
Description:
Credits: swL_ArtsyJournalTemplate28; lbw_F2BM_pp, wa_creative, wa8, lbw_grungyandmessy_pp2, wa2, wa3, wa4. Word count (verified on Word Count = 340 words).

I’ve always regretted not finishing college. I’ve started going back to school as an adult, but something always gets in the way. I have loved computers since they first became available in the workplace - the first computer I saw was so big that it was in a whole room! I used to go in there and just hang out and watch the “computer guys” work. Fast forward a few years to when we started getting PC’s in our homes. I had a PC back when they didn’t even have hard drives on them. I thought I was special because I had “dual floppys” - I could actually write to my floppy disc! Then when I got my first PC with a hard drive, I was in Heaven! I was on “the internet” when there was nothing much on there. I still sat up half the night just playing on AOL. I have learned everything I know today by trial and error and picking a few computer geeks’ brains. Back then, they would come play on my computer for a few Cokes and a bag of chips.
Why didn’t I go to school and get a degree in programming? That has been one of the biggest regrets of my life. Well, at the time, I had a great job, making good money, and I did take some night classes, but it took more endurance and dedication than I apparently had. Throw in a family who didn’t like it when Mom was gone every evening after working all day and my attendance started becoming sporatic. I went to tech school and also to a University that was an hour’s drive one way. Later on, I attended a Community College, but, again, I never got what I needed in the profession that is now considered IT. Of course, HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 I honestly don’t like to spend a lot of time looking back at my regrets because if I did, it would take up too large a portion of my brain. 1.17.2020
Electra and chastml like this.
    • bcgal00
      Well written story! I think most of have regrets os some sort. Love the photo you used for this!
    • mcurtt
      Lovely journaling, great pic of you as well. You may have regrets, but you have been there for your family when they needed you. Hugs!
    • EHStudios
      I love that you included all the computer details as technology changed. This is a perfect page for the challenge & like mcurtt said, you were there for your family & that's what matters!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bcgal00 Thanks so much, Rae. This wasn't easy to write - but I'm glad I did it.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks, Marilyn - your comments mean a lot to me. Besides, we moved a lot (job transfers, etc.) and Chuck always said that the most important thing was for me to be there for the kids. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @EHStudios Thanks for the great challenge to help me get this down on paper. The changing technology was such an important part of the story and I'm SO thankful that I know as much as I do, now.
    • Electra
      I am sorry you weren't able to achieve this dream. But i have to say when I see you with your family, it seems like things worked out pretty well. Not to minimize your dream, we all have dreams and they are all important. Thanks for sharing this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Electra What a sweet thing to say. Yes, I wish I had added a post script that I have had a happy life in spite of this "failure".
      Electra likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Well written and thoughtful journaling. Love the photo of you looking out the window as though you were deep on thoughts. Love your P.S.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal Thanks so much, Patsy. I'm often deep in thought, but don't let it get me down. We could all let our "mistakes" or 20/20 hindsight let us down, but I refuse to go there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    110.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).