MOC Day Seventeen
carrie1977, Jan 19, 2020
Description:
Digital Travelers Notebooks & Paper Piecing Brushes and Styles by Just Jaimee
Wings Unfolded Mixed Media Artistry and Mixed Media Paperie by Rachel Jefferies

Journaling:
I spent the better part of 2015 working on myself and my health. Having a trip to Maui planned out really gave me a purpose to do so. I wanted to look and feel good for our trip. So, I signed up with Beachbody and put the work in. I lost a little over 50 pounds and felt amazing. We went on our trip and not once did I ever feel uncomfortable in my own skin. That in and of itself was a first for me. I didn’t have to change my clothes a million times before leaving for an excursion. I didn’t look at other people and wish I had their body. It was an amazing feeling.! Then I had some things occur that put me on a downward spi-
ral. Life was getting harder. My grandma was not doing well and passed away in 2017. I was incredibly sad and just didn’t care anymore. That led to me gaining a lot of the weight back that I worked so hard to lose. I felt horrible but I didn’t care enough to do anything about it. Fast forward to 2019. I was at a place where I needed to lose the weight I gained and then some. I was
miserable. So, in May I went back to WW. I was successful with WW in the past after I had Cole. I knew I could do it again. I do my best every week to stay on plan, I attend a workshop every Tuesday, and I go the my hiit workout at the gym 4-5 times
a week with Cheryl. It’s been a journey.
Hindsight is 20/20, right? Had I just stuck to the plan all along I would have had a much easier time keeping it off. I worked the plan for so long that I just became comfortable and felt like I could do it myself without any help. But, when you are like me and you enjoy food and need the accountability to keep you on track, you should stick with what is working.
So, I’ve been on plan since May 2019 and have lost 70 pounds. I made goal weight in December and I am back to my Lifetime status. I know what I need to do though and even though I technically don’t have to weigh in every week because of the Lifetime status, I still attend the weekly workshop and I still step on that scale every week. It’s what keeps me from indulging. It’s what keeps me on track. I know myself better than anyone. I know how easy it is to fall off the wagon. I am NOT going back to that person. I can’t. My health and overall well-being can’t go back to that person.
I am back to loving who I am again and that is so important to my mental health which is a whole other story.
chastml likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    carrie1977
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    535px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).