cinna

MOC8- Day 17

MOC8- Day 17
cinna, Jan 19, 2020
Description:
Here´s my journaling - 296 words:
It was summer in June 1992 and we were heading home from our vacation in Europe with the in-laws RV. We were passing through Belgium and just before the border to Germany we decided that we were gonna splurge and do some fine dining on a restaurant before the long road ahead of us. It was warm and beautiful weather and we stopped in a little town. By the town square we found a wonderful restaurant with a large outside dining area in the shade- There were lots of people there so it looked promising. We got the menue and the day´s special was something called Boef Americane. We were imagining a nice piece of grilled meat with fries so we both ordered the same thing. We got our drinks and started to relax and looking around. I was tired as I was pregnant at the time and really enjoyed sitting down. As we were looking at the other people´s plates we realized a lot of them were having steak tartar and now we were getting worried. None of us were keen on eating that - raw minced meat AND it was HOT outside! And you guessed right - that was just what they served us when we got our food. We tried to make them either cook it or change the dish but they refused. That was the most expensive French fries we have ever ate in our entire life! A couple of hours later we found a McDonald´s on our way and I can tell you that it was the most tasty burger we have ever eaten - we were totally starved!

We will never order anything again from a restaurant without really know what it is! I guess hindsight is 20/20…..

Thanks for looking!

Credits:
Mixed Media Monthly - Apr. `17 - Journey / Adventurous / Crossroads, TLP
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Apr.-17-Journey-Adventurous-Crossroads.html
Journey bundle *M3 by Lynne-Marie, TLP
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Journey-bundle-M3.html
CU - Stylin' - Oldies but Goodies by Mommyish Designs, TLP
https://the-lilypad.com/store/CU-Stylin-Oldies-but-Goodies.html
chastml likes this.
    • trekmom
      yes, but travel is always awesomeness. I learned the hard way that if you fall and are injured outside the USA, ice isn't a thing that most places have. Even at an ice cream parlour. I bruised both knee bones falling down in Prague. This page is gorgeous.
      cinna likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      we accidentally ordered tripe sausage once - never again.
      Great story telling, and a lovely layout.
      cinna likes this.
    • cinna
      @trekmom Thanks for your comment! And ouch about the knees!
    • cinna
      @Angela Toucan Oh my - tripe sausage! Yuck!
      Thanks for your sweet comment!
    • EHStudios
      Oh wow! I would never be that brave to order something without knowing what it was! lol! Great LO!
      cinna likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    cinna
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).