tinkerbell1112

Genealogy Research 2 (MOC8 - Day 17)

Genealogy Research 2 (MOC8 - Day 17)
tinkerbell1112, Jan 18, 2020
chastml likes this.
    • flowersgal
      I enjoyed reading your journaling as I am also a genealogist. Fortunately when someone gave me a book when I was pregnant with my first child, I started talking to everyone in the family or extended family that I could find and asking questions. Their information was not always correct but it usually contained some nugget of truth that I used as a clue to point me in a new direction. There was no Ancestry or on-line then so you either visited the person, wrote a letter asking for information, or drove to the courthouse in the county and researched the records yourself. Ahh... the "old days" ... But may I warn you that the family trees that I have found on Ancestry contain lots of errors (generations skipped, children assigned to the wrong parents, people omitted, etc.). Use them as a starting point but don't take them as gospel. Go the the original records as much as possible.
    • tinkerbell1112
      @flowersgal oh I do. I use the trees there as the starting point. I think the lady in Massachusetts I've emailed back and forth a few times findsme annoying. Lol. Fortunately a lot of my tree is in the new England area where records (if the towns still have them) are pretty good... It's once they moved to the Midwest they get sloppy :cry
    • EHStudios
      First I LOVE that quote on the journaling card even more after reading your story. Love that you are trying your best to be the genealogist now even if it's too late for direct questions. It's still so cool!
    • Donitab
      Just decided to start a genealogy scrapbook. This is such an excellent example of what I’m wanting to do. Love the picture, love the quote, but, mostly love that journaling.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    tinkerbell1112
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    189 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).