MOC 8 Hindsight is 20/20
jaye, Jan 18, 2020
Description:
Bookholic-LBW and Studio Basic
Old Notebooks #1-Paula Kesselring
fonts-Pea Kadee for journaling
Qwerty for title
journaling reads:
It seems like forever and in some ways it is. 2006 is a long time ago but a decision I made I still regret.. After lots of tests, I received the news on February 14 that I had breast cancer. Wow! What news to receive, not what I was expecting. Things moved so fast over the next few weeks that my head was spinning. Before I knew it I had an appointment with a surgeon to remove the lumps, a few days in the hospital and then a consult with an oncologist. My meeting at the oncologist was kind of a blur and being me I went on my own. They moved quickly and two days after the consult I started chemo. Talk about my treatment plan, surgery and reconstruction options. However, if memory serves me correctly I don’t feel that I had much of a say except whether I wanted to go with the expander and implants or to do the TRAM. It was decided that I would only lose one breast and I remember asking about having both removed but was told it was not necessary. I agreed but doubted the decision and it didn’t sit right with me but I had so much other stuff to deal with I put it on the back burner. Come surgery time, I was still unsure about just one.
Here I sit 14 years later and regret with all my being that I didn’t fight to have both done. I had multiple surgeries and I think a few would have been avoided if I had pushed for the bilateral mastectomy as everything would have been the same right from the beginning rather than having to undergo surgeries on the other side so I would 'match' as much as possible. All these years later and my reconstructed side is now having issues of scar tissue build-up and at times pain. Oh to go back and change my decision.
    • cookingmylife
      Oh to be 'rushed' in such a life changing decision...thank you for sharing this difficult story. I hope it helps another woman who is pushed to decide about something.
    • flowersgal
      So sorry you have had to endure all of this. Doctors seem to always think they know best and push us at our lowest moments. Push on, brave one and thanks for sharing your story.
    • EHStudios
      I'm so sorry they didn't pause for a minute and really talk to you about options. I'm so happy you're okay, but wish you could have had a voice. Love your page though!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    jaye
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    295.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).