AnneofAlamo

01132020-hindsight-20-20b-copy

01132020-hindsight-20-20b-copy
AnneofAlamo, Jan 17, 2020
Description:
word count: 390 (didn't count tags on photos)
red is the hindsight quote, and then the rest is the gist of the decisions that changed my life even when I thought I wanted something else
and yep that is me, on top.
People say that hindsight is 20/20, but I believe and trust in my Lord, Jesus Christ.
His words in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.But, you see, I didn’t know Jesus Christ until July 1988.
I had only been in church for during boot camp, and a few times when my grandparents would come to visit.
I was in charge of my life, and was totally messing it up with no one to blame but myself. Joining the military was a way to get away from the drugs and life I was living in California. The military was a life of immorality and partying to excess.
I had embarrassed myself on more than one occasion. If I could just leave this place and start over.
Surprise, I got orders to go to Korea.
I had plans to stop drinking and try and clean my life up. Ten days, before I was to leave. Those orders were cancelled. I went into deep depression. A fellow worker said, maybe God wanted me to stay in Alamogordo.
I was livid.
I did NOT want to hear about a God that would want me in this rinky dink town.
That following Wednesday, I walked into the small church the man went to. I listened to the sermon, and Jesus Christ touched me, more like slammed me. I surrendered and gave my life to Jesus that evening.
I didn’t know anything about the bible, church or God.
What I did know, is my life was trashed and Jesus wanted me.
Fast forward, it is 2020, and the future and hope that I have already been given is beyond my wildest imaginations. Married for almost 30 years to a man who loves me so much and I can tell him anything. Seven children, 4 grand daughters, and twice been blessed to follow my husband as he pastored in two different states. I have seen not only my life changed but so many around me. Yes, there has been pain, bad days and sadness.
I can’t look back and say if only I had....I can only say, I am so glad I did. I have a future and a hope in Jesus Christ

credits:
APennington_WildFlower
FJ-LIVING-COLOR
FJ-WILD-ONE-
KAagard_Faithful_WordBit_testimony
alabau_hideandseek_joy
jj-mab-word-_joy in my
rsmith_ArtStompCollab_tape
sc_treasured
tangie_heydoll_tape
Font: Arial Rounded MT (bolded)
    • flowersgal
      Oh, Anne, such brave journaling and wonderful witness! God has a plan for each one of us and we will never find His peace and contentment outside of it. Love your layout with all the photos and word art clipped to them.
    • cfile
      XO Anne.. thanks for sharing and so glad your life turned around and is as wonderful as you imagined. Big hugs.
    • EHStudios
      This is wonderful Anne! God wanted a better life for you and I love that you saw and stopped being livid for changed plans and embraced the life you lead now. This is so perfect for the challenge!
    • bjthomas
      Anne, thank you for sharing your testimony! And I didn't realize you were a pastor's wife as well... we should talk ;) Great page and definitely an inspiration for me to get my story down on paper as well...
    • wvsandy
      Oh Anne, what an inspiration you are always! Love the strips of pictures and your heartfelt journaling!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    AnneofAlamo
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    326 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).