SharLamb

10-19_Wk3_Heart-Happiest

10-19_Wk3_Heart-Happiest
SharLamb, Oct 23, 2019
Description:
One of the challenges I gave myself was to use just one kit...SO HARD for me! Woot! I did it!
All papers and elements are from Lynn Grieveson’s kit, Cherish.
Fonts: American Type MdBT and Goodies Alt 2
Journaling:
I love how my husband is so straight-forward and honest. He never hints or
manipulates. It made me think how easy it always was for me to hint and
manipulate (a typical feminine behavior, I’ve observed), and how that
sort of behavior is not only rude, but disrespectful of the person I love the most. So a few years back, I purposed to stop being that way. I thought it would mean I wouldn’t get “my way” any longer. But what a joyful surprise to find that just the opposite happened. I don’t know if he really noticed a change he could put his finger on, but in a very short time, it seemed that he expressed his love for me by being more generous & thoughtful than ever (& he had always been both!). So along those lines, my advice to newlyweds (or any woman who is willing to listen!) is:

DON’T NAG
DON’T BACKSEAT DRIVE
DON’T BE SNEAKY
(manipulative)
DON’T HINT

Since I have been following my own advice, we have fallen more and more in love with each other. After 50 years, our marriage is better than ever.
MrsPeel likes this.
    • JenEm
      Oh so true! I loved reading your journaling - it sounds like good advice. Love the way you have used this kit to document your story, and congrats on 50 years together. That is quite an achievement!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is great, Sharron! I found this out too. It doesn't do any good, anyway.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • AJK
      Love your page, Sharon; so harmoniously illustrating your point!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Personally, I think this is fantastic advice. I love your journaling, love the art doll looking toward the future (and hanging on to her hat)! :beat
      SharLamb likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      well, first of all, apologies for the delay in getting back to you girls...as you may have seen me said, I rather wait until I am well enough to comment from my heart than just drop a couple of words.... anyway here I am and you, as usual, not just give us beauty in the visuals, a gorgeous composition with a wonderful way with the quote, the page divisi0on that makes the figure gain strength supported by your journaling. You are transporting me to my dad's chats, to the teaching he gave us from early on in life, all the way until him passing at 90......I had always had his support, and following his line of thought, I was victorious in many areas in life, and your truth here I have had the experience and know is 100% the recipe for wonderful and long lasting love, be that in friendships or marriage.... think I have been so SO blessed with friendship with women who do not behave that way (the hinting, manipulative and other stuff that comes with people like that, which I have to say, isn't just monopolized by women...I have met MANY men who act that way too) especially taking into account that I spent 30 years in the Performing Arts/showbusiness..... I agree with you my heart, now there is the other aspects of honesty and straight forward talking....which is that, when is with people we don't have a close relationship, not always works... my dad used to say sometimes in life one should be diplomatic and know when to keep our mouth shut....but there is a lot to go into to understand what I am trying to say, so I will leave it for another time :) Once again, agree with you, and LOVE so much the way you translated into the page!!!!!!!
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Mrs. Peel! Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. I’m glad it touched your heat and took you to some time with memories of your dad. In no way am I comparing myself to your situation, but I get the foggy brain issue, as right now I’m trying to patiently wait out some obscure virus that has me wandering in that fog. Not feeling in the least creative/artistic. Glad to have an iPad on which to communicate. I also appreciate that when you comment, it is worth reading! Bless your heart. My Joy to “play.”
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Oct 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    167.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).