Cherylndesigns

October Muse Week 2

October Muse Week 2
Cherylndesigns, Oct 15, 2019
Description:
I had some fun with this one. The journaling tells how my allergist (when I was a kid) was always trying to get my mom to let him re-sculpt my nose. He wanted to "nip" the end so that it would turn up instead of down. That planted the seed in my head that I had an unattractive nose (from the side). Obviously, I haven't disliked it enough to get it re-constructed. I know a few people who have done that and it's a rough surgery to go through. I've chosen to live with my "turned down nose". Haha

Credits: etc_lbw_karma5_pp07_alt, paint1, trim, wordart18; etc_lbw_karma4_paint1, jc02, pin2, border8; etc_lbw_dearkarma_flair2_alt; sahlinstudio_totesadorabes_waLOL; PaulaKesselring_girls3_4, 11;
    • Angela Toucan
      Bless you. You are beautiful
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Angela Toucan Awwwww, thanks Angela. Like I said, I had fun with this. :)
    • flowersgal
      Cute layout. Shame on that allergist for trying to drum up business and his/her limited view of beauty. You look great just as you are.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal It was a terrible thing to do - especially to a young person! He was totally trying to drum up business.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What a great side profile pic of you! Loving how you blended it into the background, enjoyed reading your journaling. I am glad you are the original Cheryl!
    • Karen
      Oh... grr to that dumb doctor. I think you have a lovely nose! I'm glad you had fun documenting this tidbit about yourself. I love the "shut up" word art you added too! You tell him! :giggle
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt I love "the original Cheryl" - thanks for your sweet comments.
      MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Karen Thanks, Karen. You totally "got" what the shut up meant. I swear, every time I went in to see him, he would say that. He'd even take his finger and push the tip of my nose up and show me, in a mirror, how much better my nose would look. Grrrrrrr is right
      MrsPeel and Karen like this.
    • MrsPeel
      ohhhh once again, how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU my "original Cher"!!!!!!!! LOVE the page visually, love the humor and impact of the graphics and I cannot start to tell you how much I hated doctors that would point at physical imperfections...... I think is a bit different these days, long story (I am still not happy because these days, doctors don't, but social media guides young people to uncharted terrain that makes some of them so un happy....) Having said that.... I did have a nose job. In my case (long story, for another day) I had to BEG my dad to pay for it, and they promised me forfmy 18th birthday, it did happen very soon after, and I haven't regretted it, but I was blessed with a doctor who ma`de me a natural looking nose... I have friends who have been destroyed with artificial looking noses....by extremely expensive surgeons :( anyway, LOVE the page, love how you share yourself in each page with talent, elegance and humor when possible to apply, LOVE LOVE once again, the conversation and the sisterhood coming in full force.... not just because some of you are really REALLY like family to me, but also it makes me get energy and strength to come keep with the challenges/Muse/ant thing that can inspire us to share things and learn about each other, makes me feel a little bit less useless!!!!!!

once again, ladies, thank you for the sisterhood and the flow of conversation!!! you are the best scrap family one can hope for!!!!
      @Angela Toucan @flowersgal @mcurtt @Karen
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    • Cherylndesigns
      @MrsPeel You have made me feel so good, My Sister Love!!! This page was hard for me to do because I really don't like my profile at all. My granddaughter took this picture of me and when I saw it I told her to delete it! She said "I won't do it - you look beautiful" - I told her I disagreed, but loved her for loving me the way I was. I'm glad your nose surgery was a good experience for you - I'm like you - I know so many people who have botched noses from surgeries. And oh my, what the celebs do to their faces these days.

I love that you touched on the young girls (mostly girls) who have such a high standard of "beauty" and "Perfection" thrown up in their faces constantly on Social Media and all over the internet! I frightens me so much what they're bombarded with on a hourly basis and the perfection that they must feel they have to live up to.

Thanks for forcing me out of my comfort zone and I just had to throw a lot of humor in to make it easier to scrap about my nose. I agree, this is THE BEST sisterhood community!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Oct 15, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).