KAPOH

PAIN

PAIN
KAPOH, Oct 14, 2019
Description:
This is an ATC. The top photo shows the vague scars on my right shoulder from rotator cuff surgery 15-16 years ago. It was not successful and my right arm has limited range of motion. Earlier this year, I injured my LEFT rotator cuff. PT didn't really help and, although the ROM is OK, there is pain, in BOTH shoulders, often when I'm not even moving. The lower photo is a keloid from a burn scar in the middle of my chest about where the white dot on the silhouette has been placed. That skin is as raw as it looks and is very uncomfortable most of the time. My seatbelt goes right across it. NOT GOOD. My doctor said attempts to alleviate this usually don't work and end up making things worse. (I left out the headaches that only respond to one type of pain pill and the bad knees that flair up every now and then. Attending the groundbreaking for the new CrewSC soccer stadium Thursday nearly did me in!)
CREDITS: PHOTOS: by me: KIT: "Back to Bed" - Little Butterfly Wings; PAIN CARTOON: Cleanpng; FONT: Spookydeee
MrsPeel likes this.
    • bellbird
      I'm sorry you feel like this, it's unfortunate (not a good word but I can't think of a better one) that surgeries aren't always successful & there isn't more options that can be of help to you - the font & especially the lightning style lines are really effective in conveying pain here though
    • KarenB
      Thank you for sharing your story. I too love the lightening lines. Really emphasise pain. Feel better soon :beat
    • Pups_r_Paps
      I like the subtle image on the right side of your ATC - like the image from week 1 - that's a cool image to tie the two together. The scar looks very painful. Wish you could get some relief.
    • MrsPeel
      Oh my friend, I think you know I am with you with all my heart...I didn't know your issues were so alike mine....I know the feeling of failed operations, the pain that one cannot alleviate or control, and also the fact that some people who can't see it thinking we look "just fine" when we go through this battle with pain... I wish there was more I could do to help, if ever feel like ranting, venting about our battles, know I am here and 100% understanding of the feeling of lack of power for us to change it.... and I know I "talk" a lot, but I know how to listen too...
      Love the way you put this together, and thank you for being so honest and the sharing thos with us, there are quiet a few of you guys whom I feel closer-we have been around for quiet a while and I learn to know you and love you a bit more with each page or ATC- and I feel blessed that you guys come to share your scrapping and make such a heartfelt page and share your feelings and history with us!!!!
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Oct 14, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    129.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    457px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).