SeattleSheri

The {im}perfect photo

The {im}perfect photo
SeattleSheri, Oct 11, 2019
Description:
I'm sure many of you can relate to the disappointment when something looks great in the viewfinder, but not so awesome once it's downloaded.
BYOC Oct '19 Bundle | Rachel Jeffries Designs
Thanks for looking!
    • jk703
      I love how you used this kit and subject! Still an adorable photo and such a cutie! Love!
    • flowersgal
      Yep, I know that disappointment. But it still shows what a cutie he is and your layout is awesome.
    • MrsPeel
    • mcurtt
      Blurry or not, this is perfection! And of course, fantastic clustering. I'm hopeful in my next life to be able to cluster like you. :-)
    • HeatherB
      It still made an amazing page!! He's such a little cutie! And love the cluster work and your amazing shadows. And I really like your notes pointing out where you wanted the focus to be (and where not)!
    • vinniepearce
      Hey you captured something right... he's still cute and you decorated your page like a boss! I keep and use the blurry ones too - better than nothing.
    • CharlotteM
      gorgeous page and such an impressive cluster - the photo is totally cute♥
    • cfile
      oh Sheri, he is darling.. so sorry the focus was in the wrong place but still a fantastic shot. I love the way you made it b/w and then blended it into the bg. I love all the clustering of elements and your fantastic shadow work. Congrats too on your Froggy Fav.. well deserved! [Re the blurry, have you ever tried duplicating the photo and the top layer set it to the filter High Pass and use the overlay blend mode on it? Sometimes that helps slightly oof photos too] Regardless of the slight blur, I am so glad you used the photo to show this little cutie :) TFS!
    • SeattleSheri
      @cfile Yeah, I have an action I created a long time ago that runs that high pass filter trick in those instances (I also use the sharpening brush and other sharpening tools), but this guy was just too far gone :( I had my settings adjusted for background bokeh, so that didn't help matters. Normally, I'd just take a new photo, but it's ridiculously challenging to get Tyler to actually look at the camera! He's so ornery about it, lol! Thank you for the sweet comment!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @SeattleSheri aw Sheri.. well it still looks great. I understand completely. I am having a crazy time with my pocket digital (canon PowerShot SX620 HS) and that little focus thing is all over the place. I think that is the most frustrating portion of that camera I am trying to get used to! To think you are aiming at one thing and having the face out of focus is annoying for sure. So glad though you were able to still use the photo here. I also play with the unsharpen mask too.. as you said sometimes it works, other times, the photo is too far gone. Thanks for sharing and again, great page. You can realy feel the texture in the background!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    SeattleSheri
    Date:
    Oct 11, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    485.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).