NettieBee

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
NettieBee, Aug 20, 2020
Description:
For Lynn's August Template Challenge
Love Lynn's birds. The template seemed playful to me so I had fun with some water birds from two different trips of long ago.

CREDITS:
All Lynn Grieveson:
August Challenge Template
Bird Call Kit and Templates
Marina Del Rey Kit
Fathoms Deep Kit
Late Summer Kit
One Wish Kit
Summer Foliage brushes
Tweet elements

TEXT:
Long skinny legs,
long necks,
little eyes,
big mouths,
big feet,
brown, black, blue, white, pink, gray, red, purple.
What’s not to love about water birds?
Florida Everglades and Hawaii
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful birds, lovely photos and pretty page
    • cookingmylife
      There are certainly some unusual birds in the world! I love how you added a few friends for those in the photos! :giggle
    • flowersgal
      Fabulous layout. I love your birds and your page with the "almost birds" wandering around.
    • bellbird
      i love your mix of birds (are Ibises also known as 'bin chickens' there too? (as in 'rubbish bin') for their prolific numbers and very seagull like behaviour around what humans leave behind?) and how you divided up this page but still made it so cohesive and the mix of pastels is so pretty!
    • NettieBee
      @bellbird
      Thank you for the kind comment. This particular bird was in Hawaii in a kind of indoor/outdoor aviary, protected and fed by caretakers. Signage identified it as a Sacred Ibis.

Oh my, I had never heard of 'bin chickens'. Did some research and found this short video. Thought you might enjoy it, or maybe not :-).

mcurtt likes this.
    • NettieBee
      @Angela Toucan Thank you Angela.

@cookingmylife I love Lynn's birds in her various kits. It was fun to play with many of them. Thanks for the comment.

@flowersgal Thank you! Love Lynn's birds and it was fun to play with them.
    • LynnG
      What a great take on the challenge. I especially like the placement and use of the palm tree as well as the lovely colour. Used to have lots of Ibis in Australia and Singapore where I lived - weird things!
    • NettieBee
      @LynnG Thanks Lynn. Love your birds in the different kits. Color and idea just evolved from the flamingo photo and element. From there on it was just having more and more fun.
    • katell
      love those bird's pictures! beautiful lo
    • mcurtt
      Beautiful bird photos! And a great assortment of them. Lovely! And a fun tongue in cheek documentary about Planet Bin Chicken. Amazing what one can learn in a scrapbooking gallery. LOL!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    NettieBee
    Date:
    Aug 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    251.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).