Sara

a lesson to remember

a lesson to remember
Sara, Sep 16, 2011
Description:
Bugga on her very first day of school
journaling reads:
When I look at this photo of you I have to confess Im a little overwhelmed with a strong wave of sentimentality. A throat-tightening ache almost of pride and hopefulness with a shadow of sorrowfulness at the letting go.
For some reason your your first day of school felt a little like the first real day of letting go as a parent. And of course, thats the whole point of parenting. Thats why God gave you to me..to raise you up to become your own person. But that part...the letting go of you part...its harder than I thought it would be.
I dropped you off on this first day, came home and cried an ugly cry. Its something I know youll understand one day when you are a mother. That feeling of releasing you into the world and not being able to be there to hold your hand at the first moment you might need me...when youre facing a challenge and need a little nudge or a little encouragement in how to handle it or how to adjust. That feeling of not being able to protect you. That feeling of not being able to share in your every triumph or accomplishment or giggle as they happen. That feeling that a lot of your growing and learning will be happening independent of me and Daddy. That feeling of needing to trust that we have done the best we can do and that it will be good enough to help you out there.
And despite these heavy feelings and despite the ugly cry I am reminded almost immediately of Gods faithfulness and His promises. No matter if Daddy nor I can be with you when we want to be. No matter if we cant see how you are feeling or growing in every moment....He can. He is always with you. You are never alone, you are never far from someone who loves you. And thats a big, beautiful, restful thing. And so when I see these first photos and remember that first day I am filled with greater hope because I know you are in good hands. I love the beautiful, kind, sweet, and sensitive girl you are.
And so does He.
credits:
Apple Tree by Sara Gleason available at The Lilypad
fonts: 2Peas Sunshine and Courier New
TFL!!!
    • Arumrose
      I so love your kit and your lO with all this journaling on these. Love your pic too you inspired mines for back to school day :-)
      I'm pretty sure your little big daughter will know how to protect herself and grow with you and without you everytime at her side.
    • aly321
      Sara sweetie this is completely amazing! I am just in awe... I love the way you tell a story, and the layout to help create the scene here is completly wonderful!
    • stampin_rachel
      Oh Sara, your journaling is awesome. I always love your pages and how they tell a complete story. Amazing work!
    • Rubia Padilha
      you rock on this, Sara! gorgeous gorgeous page and kit!!
    • Ana.Paula
      ohhhh Sara it´s PERFECT!!! in all the details... and your journaling... is so beautiful!
      TFS a perfect page :)
    • cherryberry
      You write beautifully. I remember feeling that way when I dropped my oldest off at Kindergarten. I love your first attempt at a kit (you're a seasoned pro already) and your layout is gorgeous as always.
    • Leah
      Oh Sara...reading that makes me weepy. You are an amazing journaler and more importantly, an amazing Mother. I love your page. I love Bugga's photo and that little chalkboard that you have her holding. The layers are gorgeous and I love those big beautiful flowers!
    • bderby
      It is a really beautiful layout, sara and I agree with everyone else about the story and can so relate to those emotions, but it IS what He gave them to us for--to teach them how to go out and be their own little people. It is bittersweet though, that is for sure!
    • mrsski07
      Your journaling is amazing and so heartfelt. I really love the placement of the journaling too.
    • nmartin1
      so, so, so beautifully journaled! I LOVE the big flowers!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designer Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Sara
    Date:
    Sep 16, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count: