jam-on-toast

Loving Unselfishly

Loving Unselfishly
jam-on-toast, Feb 6, 2021
Description:
Pocket Art: Signature Kit 2

I used the tamplate that came with the kit as a starting point: replaced a couple of pockets, added titles/wordart, flowers, foliage, etc to match the layout I made for MOC's Fill the Template challenge.

My love quote is about loving one's children unselfishly. Something I keep repeating to myself as a matra over and over again. Some days are harder than others... And some are fine.

The journaling reads:

Parenting hasn’t been easy these past few months. Following their lead to keep communication open sounds simple, but it ain’t easy. It means putting my plans on hold to attend to their issues, setting my book down to play their favourite game, closing my iPad to talk about ghosts instead of watching a show before going to bed. It means dropping whatever I’m doing to listen to whatever they have to say. It often means ignoring the words and reading between the lines.

Katie hates walks and all things offline. She' insists on wearing jeans in this heat and when at home she keeps cranking her aircon to the maximum so she can have her favourite hoodie on. She's moody and brooding, into ghosts and crime, reluctant to show or receive affection. She's holed up in her world of drawing and music.

Although he's still technically four months short of being a teen, Michal's been acting the part for months now. He never wants what's for dinner, is always right and can't talk about anything other than that one game he's been trying to play but can't because internet keeps dying on him.

And then there would be moments like these - funny, blissful, harmonious... total roller coaster with these two...
KarenB likes this.
    • DivaMom96
      Oh my, I remember those days so very well and you expressed it perfectly! I became a gamer because my boys became gamers. LOL! I love your pocket page with all the great stitching. Your word strips and elements are just perfect, and that's a fabulous quote!! Really great job on making that template your own! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!!
    • ArmyGrl
      Your teens are gorgeous. Thank you for being a patient Mom! My hats off to you!
    • ajm
      WOW! Absolutely stunning page! Love the quote, journaling and the real life photos! I'm a mom of three boys and can definitely empathize with you!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Feb 6, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    750.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).