jam-on-toast

MOC 9 Jan 29 Highlight

MOC 9 Jan 29 Highlight
jam-on-toast, Jan 30, 2021
Description:
Kit used - Collab: Treasured the Places
Torn Edge Template provided Lynn Grieveson for Jan 6 Challenge

This is a companion page to my Jan 6 Torn Title entry. Highlighting words in the journaling is my new fave!!
252 words. Journlaing reads:

It is hard to say now why we'd planned both the old port and the Old Town on the same day. The kids had only agreed to come with us with the promise of a McDonald's - the first one in a couple of months. They had not had breakfast and definitely had NOT agreed to any kind of sightseeing. And they HATE walking. Ha ha... parenting is a joy. There were not many people - COVID and all - so we took a couple of photos with the cosplay guys in the spirit of 'we are all in this together' - charity in disguise which brought smiles to their faces. It was very hot and not much to see really. Which is a shame considering Kota Tua is a remainder of Old Batavia, the first walled settlement of the Dutch in Jakarta area. Both the History Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts were closed. The old Dutch (orange) postal box looked picture-worthy. All in all, not much sightseeing was done that day.

Jakarta Old Town - the original downtown square - was not what we excepted. So much so, that I didn't take many photos. Kids were cranky and hungry, Katie declared she'd be happy to visit the Museum of Fine Arts (behind them) which was very conveniently closed. These bikes looked way too expensive for Jakarta and the thorny plant kind of impressed me so I snapped a pic of it to distract myself from the whining.
KarenB likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    783.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    750px
    Height:
    750px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).