jam-on-toast

MOC 9 Jan 13 Photography

MOC 9 Jan 13 Photography
jam-on-toast, Jan 17, 2021
Description:
Kits used are All About Me, YES! and NO! Collabs.

Whatever the challenge and however much we try, one does not escape who they are. A day filled with looking for mirrors and I still end up with a story. Lol... Journaling reads (don't judge too harsh, this is just the frist draft):

Take a photo with a mirror didn't sound much of a challenge... until I realized that we've got exactly four mirrors in the house, all of them in bathrooms positioned in a way that no matter where I stood the great photographer in me kept photographing the toilet bowl. Hmmm, ok. Let's try something else then. Never one to be easily discouraged I decided to turn to the Internet for inspiration. Google, which has never failed me so far, readily supplied hundreds of ideas... The only mirror I could think of (other than the one prominently featuring the throne) was attached to our driver's motorbike parked in our driveway. After some fidgeting - who knows that the passing dog walkers thought of me hovering over what was obviously not my bike - I managed to take a snapshot that didn't include me or my phone. Still a far cry from what I was aiming for, and the mirror could have been cleaner, but it was going to have to suffice for the challenge, I thought.

Agony dealt with, we had a quiet morning coffee and a swim. After Eko had returned from the lab (every Saturday welding samples need to be taken to an independent testing facility) we hopped into the car and got driven to Kemang where Josef could roam antique furniture shops to his heart's content. There were many mirrors wherever I turned and the scrapbooker in me - evidently not happy with the pre-morning- coffee photo, got busy snapping... This one would have probably made the cut had I noticed the uber ugly ceiling fan. Anyways, having spent a million and a half - doesn't it just roll of the tongue - on a marble-top coffee table and a couple of standing planters, I once again thought I was done with the photography part. All I needed was a story and some quiet time to complete the layout.

Little did I know. The day proceeded to include a family lunch at Din Tai Fung. Beats me how the parks are cordoned off but the malls and restaurants are open, not that we are complaining. There was a waiting list for the restaurant - you're kidding me - so Josef and Katie stayed in the queue while Michal and I popped into a flip flop shop to replace his well-worn footwear. There was a queue at the cashier there too - seriously? - and while we were hanging around the tiny establishment waiting to pay I spotted this floor mirror and we crouched down for a selfie. 'Really, mommy?' was all Michal moaned.
    • bestcee
      I love that bottom photo! I adore all the journaling about how you got the mirror photos!
    • AnEnglishLady
      This is a stand-out page for me. I love that you documented, in words and pictures, the challenge itself. A ‘day filled with scrapbooking and family’ is a standard day for a scrapbooker and yet is one that is rarely captured.
      #MO9-13 #inthemirror #journaling
    • jam-on-toast
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    704.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).