jam-on-toast

MOC 9: January 2

MOC 9: January 2
jam-on-toast, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
Day 2: Journaling on why I scrap. 422 words

This was fun. I love journaling. This one reads:

Why do I scrap? The simple – and the straightforward – answer is… because I like it. The not so simple – deeper and twisted - answer is because when I sit in front of my computer, I get to kill two birds with one stone: enjoy some me time, all the while indulging my creativity – and shopping - in a totally guilt-free way.

I was introduced to scrapbooking – paper at the time – back in 2008 when I was pregnant with my second child. I felt I needed a hobby – something what would mean I’m not just a stay-at-home wife/stepmother/mom to a family of five-soon-to-be six, but a person with a life outside the four walls of our home. Yes, life was fun back then… So… I wanted to get myself a hobby, but it had to be a practical one, so I wouldn’t feel guilty dedicating my time and money to it, something I would enjoy but not banish to the attic once I was done with it. Knitting, crocheting, even cross stitching have all ended up in that – virtual - attic… Scrapbooking seemed to tick all the boxes and so I gave it a try. It wasn’t love at first sight as it turned out I’m not good with scissors and glue. And every page took forever, because I needed to print the photos, then decide on the layout, then print more photos – sometimes different size… in a word – NOT what you’d call practical. I had four kids and a dog and a hubby who was forever on a business trip and my days were not that long…

And then I discovered digital. And was hooked. Digital meant less set up/cleanup and more flexibility and I was no longer limited by what our local stores had to offer. It was perfect! To this day I have stayed true to my motto: my hobby must be practical. I scrapbook to keep those precious moments forever. I enjoy the creative side of it - making clusters, blending, brush work – and can spend hours perfecting a layout, but I do this knowing that the page will eventually go into one of my albums. Even this page. Oh, and by the way… Scrapbooking family memories is cheaper – and more effective - than therapy. I mean it. When choosing a kit/color/pattern/layout and the photos themselves, I get to relive and reflect on those happy moments, and it fills my soul with love. So, I guess I scrapbook because it is my way of saying I love my family.

Kit used: All About Me
https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-All-About-Me-5-THIS-WEEKEND-ONLY.html

Template: My Travel Journal Templates 2 by Scrapping with Liz
https://the-lilypad.com/store/My-Travel-Journal-2-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html
    • jenn mccabe
      so cute how you did this as a little traveler notebook/journal and i love the pic of you tucked in!
    • keepscrappin
      i love the book/journal with the photo tucked in just like a real journal.
    • bellbird
      I think I need to start telling my fam I scrap because I love them too! Fantastic reasoning & sounds more than reasonable way to spend my time & money lol so thanks for sharing all that!
    • Saar
      Oh this is perfect. I love the page design and I love all the details. Beautiful work.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    938.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).