tlcd1961, Feb 3, 2020
Description:
NBK Easy Peasy Challenge Feb 2020
Road Trip (Template)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Roadtrip-options.html
Remembrance
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Remembrance-.html

Journaling:

I have always been interested in how people were related to me. I remember going on short trips with my dad to see the Aunts and Uncles.

In 1980, the summer after I graduated from high school, I was able to take a genealogy workshop. I was hooked! I bought a package of 1000 family groups sheets as well as ancestor charts and several other forms for keeping track of information. I started looking for addresses of distant cousins and dragging my mom 60 miles away to the small town where she was born. She was a somewhat reluctant accomplice! I remember going to the Collingsworth County, TX courthouse that day. She knew her grandmother died there. The wonderful ladies at the courthouse looked through their death index until they found her. My mom had the wrong first name. Now I had in my hand the death certificate for my great-grandmother. I can still remember the thrill of finding that first piece of information. Everyone was so helpful to me. I still get that same thrill now when I find information whether it is for my own family or someone that has come to the library for help. It is my passion and brings me much happiness.
    • IntenseMagic
      This is so cool and what a fabulous thing to document! I would love to get in to doing more of this! Very inspiring!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    NBK Design
    Uploaded By:
    tlcd1961
    Date:
    Feb 3, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    120.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).