MOC7-Day20-Storytelling

MOC7-Day20-Storytelling
tlcd1961, Jan 30, 2019
Description:
January 20: Storytelling

Kristin Aagard
Bake Sale
https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-bake-sale.html

The last conversation I had with my mother before she died was about this book. Her church was putting out a cookbook and she called to tell me about it. I was in Phoenix. She told me she had entered several of our recipes. She was so excited about it. After that phone conversation. I did not think about it again.

About a month after my mother died, I received a package in the mail. It was from LaVerne Baker at the library. I could not imagine what she was sending me. Brady was with me when I opened it. He immediately yelled, “GENEALOGY!” I said, “No, it’s a cookbook.” It took me a few minutes to gather my thoughts and realize what it was. The lady that took my job - Jill Hendrickson - attended my mother’s church. When she looked through the cookbook, she saw my mother’s name. She and LaVerne purchased a copy and mailed it to me - not realizing that I knew anything about it. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of this story. I called her and tried to tell her how much it meant to me. I am not sure I expressed how deep my feelings were about this book. I will always treasure it. AND - it has some wonderful recipes!
    • jesskab
      That's a wonderful story! I'm so glad they did that for you. Like a surprise from your mom. Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    tlcd1961
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    228.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).