klee73010

201901HPOOTP

201901HPOOTP
klee73010, Jan 21, 2019
Description:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Planners!

The journaling: I never knew what fandom was until finding the Harry Potter and the Order of the Planners group on Facebook. In August of 2017, I noticed a hashtag on Instagram that I thought was just a clever hashtag. I immediately wanted to make something so that I could also use the hashtag for my planner… I made a Harry Potter themed planner spread, posted it on Instagram, and used the hashtag. Not too long later, I shared my planner spread with my local planner group, and was encouraged to join the Harry Potter planner group. The Facebook group offered a house sorting and a monthly "house competition" with planner and fun events. I was hooked immediately! I missed the first sorting they offered, and was kind of sad, so I finally joined Pottermore and took my first sorting test. I was shocked to learn I was a slytherin, but was determined to embrace it. I joined the Slytherin "house team" on the next available sorting. As I began interacting with other people in the planner group, I started to really see the qualities of a slytherin, and felt more and more "at home" in the community. Six months after joining the planner group, a spot opened on the admin team. I applied, and found some of my now best friends. I've been part of the Facebook group for almost 18 months, as it's grown from about 1,000 members to more than 8,000 members. The almost 25 member admin team has become almost like my family. They also enable A LOT. Apparently, being a member of a fandom means you will want to have all the things… such as book boxes, and merchandise, and multiple copies of the books… So. After 18ish months of being a complete "Potter Head" and learning to absolutely love the #slytherinpride, I've gained a large pool of friends, several more copies of Harry Potter books, bookmarks, stencils, stickers, candles….

Project Mouse - Wizarding bundle
Scrapping with Liz, Artsy Journal Template 77
Fonts Scarecrow & SS Wildly Sweet

a larger version of the photo can be found on my Instagram
    • Tree City
      Love this! I didn't know what HPOOP was until I saw your posts on Insta. :) Anyway, back to the page lol: what a cool idea for the challenge and what a fun way to break up the papers and journal cards.
      Side note: I took the Pottermore test and got Gryffindor, but I was totally convinced I was a Ravenclaw. *shrug* The witch or wizard decides their fate, not their house. For those who haven't read the books, the next sentence is in white...Let's not forget Snape was Slytherin!
      klee73010 likes this.
    • FarrahJobling
      I'm a HUGE HP fan too! I really wish my kids would get into it! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!
      klee73010 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    klee73010
    Date:
    Jan 21, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    141 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).