suetr

MOC-26-Tradition/Heritage-Dallas-1969

MOC-26-Tradition/Heritage-Dallas-1969
suetr, Jan 30, 2018
Description:
Template: Lynn Grieveson Springboard 8
Kit: Lynn Grieveson Hot, Hot, Hot (what else would I use for this LOL)
Journaling: 312 words (because I talk a lot)

Have I mentioned…it’s HOT?! Like almost as hot as the fires of hell. It’s summer, which is pretty much any time from April until October in Dallas. Anytime you try and get in your car, during the day (and maybe at night), it has become a furnace inside. There is always much standing around, opening all of the doors and trying to decide if it’s cool enough to even slip in and start the car so you can turn on the air conditioner to help cool things off. And there is always the mis-calculation and you get in too soon and YOUCH!

Have I mentioned…it’s HOT?! Like peel the skin off the back of your thighs hot because of course in 1969, they fancy upgrade is vinyl seats (!) yes, vinyl seats, in Texas, in the summer, which become noticeably more pliable as they sit in the sun!!! Oh my gosh, even siting on your beach towel from the pool doesn’t help because it actually seems like it’s so hot that if your towel is wet at all…it will hit the hot vinyl and start to steam your legs off.

Or at least that’s how it seems when you are 6.

So on this day, in the blast furnace that is summer in Texas. The Triggs family, plus Grandma Triggs, minus Grandpa Triggs (who probably wisely stayed home in the air-conditioning) have spent the day at Brookhaven Country Club in the pool(s) and are now standing around trying to decide:

a) do we have everything from the pool?

b) is it safe to open the doors?

c) how long will we have to stand in the parking lot getting heat-stroke before we can get in the &*#&%$ car?

d) do we have anything for dinner? should we stop? everyone is in their bathing suits

Love you summer!
    • Iowan
      Great storytellling style here: "Have I mentioned...." I love the photo and can imagine waiting around until the car became un-furnace like. Vinyl-ouch. Love the sun paint in the background. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    suetr
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    327.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    864px
    Height:
    864px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).