mcurtt

2019-MOC#15_Painted-Edges_web

2019-MOC#15_Painted-Edges_web
mcurtt, Jan 15, 2019
Description:
Credits: Sahin Designs - Glitz. NBK Design - Art Crush 9, Delights of December. Lynn Grieveson - Valencia, Frosted, Long Days Warm Nights.
SeattleSheri and trekmom like this.
    • *gina*
      great photo and fantastic page!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal Thanks for your kind words. For my photo, I actually used three of Lynn's transfers (her kits are referenced in the credits), merged them & then clipped my photo to it. Yes, the photo was adjusted in RadLab. I don't recall what I used, a bunch of filters on top of each other until I thought it looked okay. I do know that Rusty Cage was one of them, and I believe Troy, and a few others. I'm bad, I don't save the recipes, I just hack at it until something looks pleasing to me.

The title "Yes to New Adventures" was word art in Sahin Design's Glitz kit. I didn't change the sizing of it at all. I tried to match up "new adventures" as best as I could in color as well as font & size. It isn't perfect (look at the "W"), but close enough. I used Helvetica at 7 pt, with a 365 spacing between letters.

For my edges, I used a soft round brush with very low opacity - 17% and a relatively low fill. I used a black (picked a darkish color from my photo) and then went around the edge, and then went around it again. I then created another layer & picked the darker orange from one of the rooftops and again, with 17% opacity, went around the edges, but this time my brush was smaller. I then blended the orange at linear burn. I could have used other blending options (and I did try them), but my black was at normal, orange was at linear burn.
    • cfile
      absolutely striking and gorgeous Marilyn! I love your painted edge and all your blending and masking of your photo. Just beautiful with the lovely word art too.. beautful!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • bcgal00
      What a stunning photo and so beautifully masked! The painted edges add a wonderful tie-in with the colors!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • nanascrapper
      The masking and the edge brush work compliment the photo well.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • DigiGrace
      Marilyn, gorgeous and fabulous page. Thanks for sharing your work process.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • marijke
      Wow ... wonderful photo treatment and so beautiful layout!
      Love your placed your word art ...
      Krakau is on my bucket list ... I hope to visit it next year ...
      mcurtt likes this.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      Love your painted edges and the great masking/blending of that beautiful photo
      mcurtt likes this.
    • bellbird
      this feels so contemporary and cool and also romantic and like a fairytale at the same time! amazing work!
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).