Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here. Has everyone recovered from the awesome whirlwind that is the Month of Challenges? (MOC) I’m sure there are lots of you that are with me in feeling a little MOC withdrawal right about now. Well, the good news is that our monthly challenges have resumed, so I’m here to bring you a quick look at the new batch of 7 challenges. As a reminder, based on our percentage system, you can earn three levels of coupons for the store just by participating in our monthly challenges. In addition to the coupon, if you complete all 7 challenges within the month of February, you will be entered in a drawing to win a one month guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! This month we are once again offering TWO guest spots. The discounts available are as follows: 2 challenges = 10% off, 4 challenges = 20% off and 6 challenges = 30% off. Now let’s take a look at the new challenges:
1. Scraplift Challenge – Renee (renee82) is hosting this month’s Scraplift Challenge and has selected the fabulous gallery of Christina’s to scraplift from. Simply have a look through her gallery and pick a page that you love and then create your own page inspired by Christina’s page. Here is a layout picked by Renee followed by her scraplifted version:
2. Product Challenge – This month’s Product Challenge is hosted by Heather (talktoheather) and she has selected paint as the product to play with. Here is a sample layout that Heather created using a couple different types of paint (brush script, splatter and dots):
3. Template Challenge – Heather (HeatherB) is hosting the Template Challenge for February. The free template for you to play with was generous created by Peppermint of One Little Bird Designs. You can find it in the store HERE or by clicking the image below. Following that you’ll see a fabulous layout created by Heather using this month’s template:
4. One Word Challenge – Ashley (ashleywb) has joined the challenge team (Yay and welcome!) and is hosting this month’s One Word Challenge. Ashley is challenging you to create a layout and use the word “BE” somewhere prominent on your page. Here is a layout Ashley created to get you started:
5. Journaling Challenge – Julie (mrs2a50) is hosting February’s Journaling Challenge. For this challenge Julie wants you to create a layout to “introduce yourself”. She says that you can introduce yourself OR introduce your scrap subject. Here is a super cute page she created to introduce her sweet dog:
6. Random Challenge – Amanda is hosting the Random Challenge this month and has decided to give you a fun formula challenge. Since this is February, Amanda choose the word VALENTINE to use for her formula. You must use nine items that each start with the letters to spell the word Valentine. Amanda has a super helpful list of suggestion in the forum to get you started. She also created this sweet sample layout:
7. BYOC Challenge – Last, but certainly not least is the BYOC Challenge. February’s BYOC Challenge will be posted to the forum tomorrow, Friday, February 6th when all the new BYOC Products for February will be released in the store. This challenge, hosted by Amanda (gracielou), is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There you have your at-a-glance look at all of the new challenges for February. Now you can go create your own layouts inspired by these challenges and then post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the February Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine the spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!