Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here back to show off a new batch of monthly challenges. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Template Challenge – Em (Justagirl), is hosting the Template Challenge for June. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Lynne-Marie and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Em created:
2. Scraplift Challenge – The Scraplift Challenge for June is hosted by Heather (HeatherB) and she has selected our Guest Polly, Lisa (ArmyGrl) as the scrapper to scraplift this month. Simply go to Lisa’s gorgeous gallery and select a page that you love and then create your own layout inspired by her layout. Heather chose a gorgeous page from Lisa’s gallery and then made a gorgeous scraplifted version:
3. Random Challenge – Our newest guest Polly Lisa (ArmyGrl) is hosting this month’s Random Challenge and she is challenging you to think outside the box and to scrap in, on or around a circle. I love her gorgeous sample layout:
4. Photography Challenge – The Photography Challenge for June is hosted by Natasha (bcnatty) and she would like you to capture what summer means to you and then scrap a layout with that photo(s). Here is a fabulous sample layout created by Natasha:
5. BYOC Challenge – The BYOC Challenge is hosted by Amanda (amandaresende). This challenge is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers. Here is a gorgeous sample layout to inspire you:
6. Style Challenge – This month’s Style Challenge is hosted by Courtney (bestcee). Courtney is challenging you to capture your memories this month using a 2 page layout. Here’s a perfect example created by Courtney:
7. Inspiration Challenge – June’s Inspiration Challenge is being hosted by Christa (cfile) and she wants you to be inspired by “time”. Simply created a layout inspired by time like this great sample page created by Christa:
8. Journaling Challenge – Finally we have the Journaling Challenge hosted by Ashley (ashleywb). She would like you to add some interest to your journaling this month by adding some word art or other elements in with your text. You must have at least 2 lines of journaling and add at least 2 pieces of word art or other elements in with your journaling. Here’s a great sample layout that Ashley created:
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
Another month and another batch of fabulous challenges by our Pollys. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the June Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!