Worlds worst feeling

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 13, 2017.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

when your laptop has been stolen earlier in the week and you realise that since Backblaze was still doing the initial back up you've only got 2/3rds of your digi stash at the most. To be honest i'm not as upset about the laptop as i am about the contents.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Oh no, Jennifer! I am so sorry to hear that. We do have a large reset program in place that could help you restore your files for a modest fee. If you decide that you'd like to know more about that, just give me a shout out in Customer Service.
    Nancy

3. littlekiwi

Thanks @NancyBeck, may look into it once i'm closer to having my new laptop and can see what Backblaze has backed up - right now i'm just focusing on getting the insurance process started as there was a fair bit stolen (2 laptops, external hard drive, modem, vacuum. 10 bottles of wine & a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre)

NancyBeck likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh my! Jennifer that is horrible! And a "new" laptop you say? UGH. {{hugs}}

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh no, Jennifer! Not fun! I'm hoping more is backed up than you think! I did the recovery process sometime ago with Laura, and it is SO worth it, and inexpensive! I lost all of my supplies and photos, as I didn't have a full back up also!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! I'm so sorry that your backup wasn't complete. That is a horrible feeling. That's what the back up is supposed to protect you against! Maybe mention it to your insurance company and not just the hard drives, but the value of the supplies on them and maybe they will cover the fee to reset your links here too!

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh No! That is horrible! I would be curled up in a ball crying at the moment!

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So sorry to hear that Jennifer. I guess the silver lining is that maybe you have 2/3 backed up rather than none. How terrible for you.

Sokee likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This is just awful. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. The customer service here at TLP is amazing, though, and like Nancy said, can certainly help you out when you get to the point that you are restoring files. ((HUGS))

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh no, Jennifer! I'm so sorry that this happened and that you are having to go through all the hassle to get things back to normal.

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You are telling me that they put all this in the wheelbarrow and haul it and nobody saw anything? I just don't understand what's going on with people!

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! But on the bright side, at least you had the backup started because 2/3 of your stash is better than none. HUGS! And like others have said, TLP is such an amazing place and I'm sure they'll help you out.
    And @Dalis I was thinking the same thing--plus, it has a flat tire!?!?! Cuz that's a normal way to haul electronics. *eye roll at society*

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  13. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Oh goodness....hang in there. What an ordeal. Big ole group hug from us here at the pad.

14. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you! I hope insurance is easy and that things get replaced or returned!!

15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!! Having someone break-in and steal your belongings is such a violating feeling!! I'll cross my fingers that whoever has your stuff is found and you can get your it back! I'll keep my fingers crossed that somehow your backup system was able to get more saved than you think.

Hugs to you!!!

16. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Will insurance be able to cover your laptop? Also hoping that most of your supplies were backed up.

17. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Oh no! That is awful. I am kind of laughing too that they took the wheelbarrow with the flat tyre :cornfused

but what an awful thing to come home to and such a drama having to sort out the insurance etc. Hope it all goes smoothly.

18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh my goodness! That is horrible.

19. littlekiwi

It happened between 3 am & 8 am so essentially thats exactly what happened @Dalis - it truly boggles my mind

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am so sorry that happened to you or anyone.