***WINNER ANNOUNCED***Getting To Know You | Game

Discussion in 'iNSD Party Pad' started by bcgal00, Apr 30, 2017.

1. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Wow, Barbara. I bow to you! :notworthy

Sokee likes this.
  2. londoncuppa

:lmao

3. londoncuppa

1) I've been married for 26 years and have 3 children - Addison (DD# 1 is 23 and a college grad saving to go to medical school); Callan (DD#2 is 22 and a Junior in college); and Harrison (13 and in 7th grade).
    2) I'm a hybrid scrapper and have been paper scrapping since 1997. I've been buying (a lot) of digi supplies (and taking PS classes) since 2013 but didn't make my first digital LO until MOC 2017. I wanted to wait until I could make something I was proud of.
    3) I don't have any tattoos but have been seriously considering getting one of a Union Jack.
    4) I converted to Catholicism when I was 14 years old after having an instant conversion while visiting a church. I say some of my prayers in Latin every day.
    5) I see a pain management doctor an hour away from me every month. I've been living with chronic pain since 2004.
    5.1) I'm a lefty too, but neither of my parents or brother are left-handed.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  4. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

1. I LOVE my grandson (lives with me) and would do anything for him...including things that are difficult for me
    2. I LOVE what I do....tutor and teach homeschooled students...Homeschooling YEAH!!! 2 of my students are gradutating...will miss them...not sure what I will do next year!
    3. I am known as Sarah Winchester in my family...always rebuilding/remodeling/changing the house
    4. I am terrified of horses...my daughter has 4 equine degrees...makes things interesting :)
    5. Thinking of returning to school

5. Serena

Serena Well-Known Member

I believe, Miss Margaret, it's because of how we grew up. Lefty's weren't... well, we were "wrong" and I remember SEVERAL times being struck on the hand with a ruler and they'd hover until I wrote with my right. Scissors, same way. So I CAN write with my right, it's horrible, but I can. What's funny though is by the time I was in high school, they didn't care anymore so I got to write with my left, but during soft ball try outs, I literally "threw like a girl". I couldn't hit anything to save my life with that ball. The baseball coach was watching (because everyone was laughing at how bad I was, even me..) and suddenly ask my coach if he could borrow me. He had me throw overhand (with both hands) and I found that with my right hand, I nailed the target every time. Weird, eh?

@keepscrappin I use Not You're Mother's dry shampoo, which is slightly on the pricey side (4.99 I believe at my target?) but the can is huge and I don't use it every day and the quality is good enough that I don't need to. Suave also has a dry shampoo option that's under 4.00 here, I want to say it was like 2.39 last I saw.. but then being unable to drive any longer, my prices are almost a year old now. :(

Also you can find bulk dry shampoos on like amazon or ebay for a better price.

keepscrappin and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  6. EllenT

EllenT Me and Dorothy - dedicated storm trackers

1. i have been digiscrapping for 10 years
    2. i have no tattoos
    3. right now i am watching local TV coverage of the KY Derby. OMG, I love the hats and they are all so different!
    4. I live on a golf course, but don't golf. Love the view though.
    5. I have fibromyalgia and I'm really hurting right now

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

First - I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!

1) I'm a preacher's kid
    2) I have an unusual love for llamas. I have no idea why
    3) I have 6 kids (& 2 grands)!
    4) I strongly dislike movies that have 'chasing' music. Make me nervous! LOL
    5) I'm starting to eat healthier - and I miss really awesome cheeseburgers!

8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I think I need 2 million

I never was told NOT to use my left hand. But I found that I am a right handed sports player. My husband teases me all the time because I do all the sporty stuff, throw, fish, bowl with my right hand. He tells me to use my left since I'm left handed, but when I do I end up sucking, mostly probably because I'm so used to doing it right handed.

keepscrappin and Serena like this.
  9. Scrapdolly

Scrapdolly Well-Known Member

I am ...
    The owner of a part bionic ankle thanks to a bad accident when I was 12
    Recently retired ... Very early ... From being a head teacher and I am LOVING it
    I want to visit all 50 states and will be on 38 by the end of the year
    I paper scrap as well as digi scrap
    I have what is possibly the naughtiest cat in the world who,opens cupboard doors, switches lights on and off, carries clothes he steals around the house, turns taps on and off and who is impossibly handsome

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Well-Known Member

I feel amazing!!! Unfortunately though, my mind still sees my former body so that's been hard to deal with.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  11. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

waving - I'm from Atlanta!

12. Iowan

Iowan Can I speed walk with the scissors?

1. This year it will be 48 years for us. Yes, I was a child bride.

2. No tattoos except for the pencil mark in my leg from falling on a………pencil. I would kind of like to get eyeliner tattooed.

3. I’ve lost and found at least 100 pounds.

4. I have traveled a lot around the world. I have been in most of the states but will probably never get to North Dakota.

5. I love to read and spend too much time at this hobby.

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife you will NOT find me on the Kingda Ka

1. My first language was Lithuanian. (Hi @wombat146 ) and I didn't speak English until I was 3 years old.
    2. Both of my husbands were born in Washington DC
    3. I was an only child but now am an orphan as both parents died before I was 32.
    4. I never read a crime novel or mystery til "The Girl with the..." series and now I'm totally addicted!
    5. I really dislike summer - always have, probably always will. Hot and humid and I do not get along.

14. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

1. I work for an Insurance Company.
    2. I read 50-100 books every year.
    3. I too have never broken a bone.
    4. We are going to San Fran this year for a fmaily trip.
    5. I'm stressed about my son's eagle project next week. It is woodworking and they haven't done any cutting of wood yet.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I think I need 2 million

Yeah I'm not a big fan of summer either.

16. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

@londoncuppa I am the ONLY rightie in my house. My husband and both daughters are left handed. As is most of my husband's extended family. Both his parents, both his siblings. His Grandma and Aunt (on the Dad's side) are as well.

I tell people that my oldest daughter is a "hard left" she cannot learn to do things like tying knots, or even holding knives properly from righties, she needs to see a leftie do it. She had a lot of issues with mirror image and backwards writing too. We have a left handed bass for her to play for the school band. My youngest prefers to do certain things with her right hand. She always writes with the left, but draws both left and right and eats with her right hand.

17. tkradtke

tkradtke Smokin' the place up

1. I haven't driven in probably 2 years... not a fan of driving, we live in the city of Chicago where I don't have to and my son is 17 and will drive any chance you give him.
    2. I don't feel hot, cold or pain on my entire right side (neck down).
    3. I go barefoot as often as I can.
    4. Fall is my favorite season.
    5. I'm attempting to crochet. My grandmother crocheted and made me a great blanket that I love. Nothing compares to a crocheted blanket. My kids want their own blankets and since no one else knows how to crochet, I'm trying to figure it out. I have Clara's done and halfway through Alex's. Very basic, but would love to attempt something more complex soon.

I have one, but rarely drive... similar story. I was in a bad accident when I was fourteen, since then I've had no real interest in driving, I don't want the responsibility of it.

I have an old camera and globe addiction!

Same... it's a necessity.

Same!

My daughter's eyes are the same! She never knows what to put on forms... she usually goes with grey though.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@tkradtke - why don't you feel pain on the right side? injury? I'd love to not feel pain on my right side. It's the one where most of my fibromyalgia pain is.

Sorry you're hurting today. Fibromyalgia is not fun... HUGS!

EllenT likes this.
  19. tkradtke

tkradtke Smokin' the place up

I broke my neck when I was 14, I lost all movement on one side, and all sensation on the other. Once the swelling went down, I got the movement back on my left side, but never got full sensation back on my right. It has it perks, but I have to be careful around hot stuff. :-)

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh boy! so glad you got your movement back and yes, be careful around hot stuff. :heartlub