Why do I always feel overwhelmed at NSD?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 6, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh... I don't even need to spend money and I get overwhelmed because there are so many kits to scrap....and I wish I could clone myself to scrap them all!!!!! so I can imagine how you must feel, but I remember when I did pay ... the way I found for me to enjoy, was to first organize my list of stuff I wanted to play in, then maybe choose kits that would fit the challenges I wanted to scrap.... hope things get a bit easier!!!!

[​IMG]

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

a kiss to Bart and a kiss to @MrsPeel!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

here is a kiss for Bart..... [​IMG]

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Ok, a kiss for Cindy and as Anne Maie also wants one..... Bart has loving for you all!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

LOL...that is pure frog love!

7. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I was house sitting this weekend, so I did as much as I could on Friday before I left and then came back for a few hours on Saturday and bought stuff, but that was about it. I too get easily overwhelmed, so I feel you!

What I do though is I have a few folders. One is where I put all my new purchases and I keep them in that folder until I've scrapped what I wanted or completed the challenge, then I move the items to the main folder. ^.^ I also have a folder that I've broken down into separate mini folders and I'll copy and paste a kit or whatever, and the photos for it, into the folder marked like "Unicorn page." or whatever the page is supposed to be about. Then, since they're copies and my original kit is safe, I just delete the folder when I'm done and I've saved everything I need to. :D

Also, yeah, I too have a budget, I'm not very good to keeping to it and I pretty much blow my budget here lately. I try to validate it going "I really need to bulk up my current stash so I'm good!" since I can't use most of the kits I have here and this is my only home at the moment. lol! But it's SOO hard, there are tooooo many good designers here. So yeah, I'm with you, biggest sale and instead of my wish list shrinking as I get stuff, it got bigger.. o_O

Don't feel alone, I even get overwhelmed with the new releases, I can't even imagine what MOC must have been like! :dizzy

busywoman139 and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I find that I get way overwhelmed and usually take a step or two back from the festivities. I might pop in here or there, shop a little, but take the time away a bit too! It's too much and so much going on, that I can't keep up. Then it isn't fun...

EHStudios, busywoman139 and QuiltyMom like this.
  9. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I hear ya, @QuiltyMom! I did pick up a few kits with my gift certificate, I played a few games, and that was about it. It seems everytime there is something big going on in the digi world, I have to work. I am on 3 CTs, though, (none here), so I don't really 'need' any other kits....at least that's what I keep telling myself!!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't feel overwhelmed....I just wish I had gotten all my work and tax stuff done sooner so I could devote even more time to the celebration.

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am always overwhelmed during iNSD, I am glad that we at least make it FUN too here at the Pad. LOL!!!

jk703 likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm usually overwhelmed with everything going on. Like some have said, I pick what I really want to do and do that. Then, I browse the shop and put stuff in my cart or wishlist. I go back toward the end of the sale and buy what I know I'll really use. I usually don't get much scrappin done during these celebrations, and it use to really bother me, but now I've decided to give myself a break and just enjoy playing and chatting. If I get a layout done, great; but it's no biggie! I'd rather have fun and not stress it so much. The one layout I have gotten done is only done because I didn't stress it. It ended up being super cute and super fast to make... who knew, my stressing so much was slowing me down. It's so liberating to be nice to yourself and just go with the flow.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    BevG likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart says to give yourself some slack and just enjoy iNSD! BIG KISSES!

[​IMG]

14. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

15. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I get overwhelmed, too! And I don't even do a lot of the chats and challenges (challenges have never really been my thing, anyway). Just the shopping side can get overwhelming, especially when you're trying to put carts together an take advantage of the different designers' sales. It's a fun overwhelming, though, so I enjoy it!

And I agree with what a lot of others have said- NSD always seems to fall on a weekend when there is a ton going on. It was the same way when I was a paper scrapper! DSD weekend always seems to be a little less hectic as far as real life goes, I think.

[​IMG]

16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

17. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i felt so out of it this year, only did 1 chat layout. Ohh the shopping here i did do...
    I need a budget.... yea, said that before
    Thank you for all the events, so sad, I missed out on most of them..
    only 6 kisses, where my goal, was 17

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Brt is still around Cath!
    [​IMG]

amien1 likes this.
  19. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Kiss! Sorry kiana is on my tail!

Cath_ likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

LOL! Is Kiana even around right now?

amien1 likes this.