When was your last haircut?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Nov 1, 2017.

1. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I chopped 15 inches off my hair in August. Before that I'd done a trim myself in December but the haircut previous was Aug 2015! I love having long hair to braid and it's so long, thick and wavy. But eventually I get sick of it taking all day to dry and getting tangled so easily so I chop it roughly every two years with a trim midway to get rid of split ends. August was the shortest I've EVER had my hair cut and it's just now getting to shoulder length. So far I'm loving the shorter length, it's so much easier to take care of!
    before.jpg after.jpg

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I think it has been a year?? I had one of the worst haircuts in my life. But.... lol it has grown out lovely! Haha. I love the silver streaks, my bangs are almost to my chin, and I can put it all up in a pony if inclined. I planned on letting it go free for the rest of my life.

3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Last week! :) I chopped about 5 inches off! SO nice! My hair grows SUPER fast- so I chop it off then let it grow about 6 months then do something else fun! Usually I change the color up between dark/light. I have similar pretty fine hair so it is definitely more fun to style when it's short. I know I'm due for a cut when I just throw it in a ponytail everyday! ;) 20171026_183933.jpg

Meredith78 and bestcee like this.
  4. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

How bad is it that I literally cannot remember?

5. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Way too long! I shoot for 2-3 times a year, but I've gone a lot longer than that this time. My hair is very fine and very curly. Luckily because it's shoulder length with long layers and my natural color, it's pretty forgiving of me neglecting it.

6. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

About 2 months ago but before that it was a couple of years. It felt good to get it all chopped off and coloured. The hairdresser straightened it as well but that was too much for my family to take and they were all relieved when it went back to it's normal messy state, pulled back in a pony tail.
    Need to go back soon before Christmas. Found a hairdresser I like and they have massage chairs while they wash your hair - so good!

bestcee and amandac like this.
  7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Mid-August for me but my hair has been growing super slow for the past five years. Even though I had it cut really short in the spring, then trimmed before we went away in August, it still doesn't need another trim!

8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Your new cut looks great, Rae! I cut my own hair when my layers start looking shaggy (about 2 weeks ago). It grows fast, and I get charged a lot at a salon because of its length, so I use a Crea Clip and go to town!

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sept 8 was my last hair cut...and I'm overdue! I actually just made an appt today, for next Weds. I need to do like some of you and schedule my next appt. while I'm there. I should also look into coloring my hair because it is getting more gray. Boo hoo!

When my hair was long, I got a hair cut twice a year, if that frequently.

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I just got mine all hacked off :giggle
    I had been growing it for the past few years (I had visions of being a wild haired, silver fox of an old lady) but this years early appearance of Summer made me reconsider :giggle

11. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I went two weeks ago and cut it in some sort of bob again. It was 6 months before when I had my last cut and it was cut the same length then. On average hairs grows a centimeter a month, but it was definitely more then 6 centimeters that was cut of. My hair grows fast. But since it's curly it can disguise the need of a haircut for a long time. haha

12. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Way too long I realized the other day! I was in July - eek! I´m making a call on Monday for a new appointment!

13. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I have only had a tad bit taken off for the past 4 months! I'm trying to get it the same length all over - what a job! It's still short - but parts of it are longer than it's been for years! It's at that "in between" place that I hate right now! LOL!

14. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Mine was a few nights ago...and I did it myself! I got really tired of my stylist at the salon taking off WAY more length than I wanted, especially when I told her I was trying to grow it out more. So I've started cutting it myself and love it so much more!

I have long, curly/wavy hair that makes it easier to me to hide mistakes, but it's really very easy. I pull all my hair into a ponytail, but on the front of my head instead of the back. Then I just clip across the very ends to even them out and remove any split/ragged bits. Pulling it forward like that creates natural layers, too, so win-win!

mcurtt and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I chopped mine two weeks ago. Pulled up a youtube video, and got to it.
    It's funny, I say I chopped it, and for me, I did. But it's still just past my shoulders. It was halfway down my back.
    I have really thick hair, so it takes forever to dry no matter what length it is!
    Sorry for the bad photo, I just snapped it, in low light.
    2017-11-09 23.04.55.jpg

16. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Mine was on 23rd Sept. Due for a cut soon.. Short hair feels better but needs trimming often. My hair is curly .
    5C86D6FD-F612-4EA4-A0B4-9EDF18CFCC22.jpeg 79291787-6A91-4E64-B80D-331B9439E9E1.jpeg 6BC43652-19A7-4E67-B24B-4295CE6C951C.jpeg B6FC6B00-77D5-4FDB-A4EE-6B109AC29093.jpeg DFC708D6-DEC2-4034-8A49-EFD271B4461A.jpeg 4291D5D0-E374-4219-9AA0-5E337FA498DD.jpeg 59831F98-AF7B-430D-A285-ED2FF932CB99.jpeg F7C7A362-7624-4E8A-9B81-38CF5519B902.jpeg 0BF33A35-CEC9-482C-A697-7699C85EBD62.jpeg
    Having a hair cut is therapy for me. I feel lighter without those curls. Lol! I have it every month . But now i’m Keeping it longer so I could colour it pink for my birthday next month.

mcurtt, LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  17. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about doing this...I like having longer hair but it's always pulled back - for work, because having it out feels unprofessional somehow, and now at home because the little man his discovered he can grab fistfuls of it at his leisure. I'm worried that it will look a bit funny on my less-than-petite body though.

18. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I really like the shorter version.

Meredith78 likes this.
  19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

In case it's helpful, here's a photo of me with my short short hair from a little over a month ago. I'm 5'6" and somewhere over 150 lbs. (I haven't weighed myself in years.) (You can click on the thumbnail to see the photo larger.)

I hope someday it's standard for us to be able to "try on" hairstyles via some kind of computer technology, even more easily than we try on clothes. :)

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 8.40.49 AM.png

Meredith78 and bestcee like this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I used one of those things so many years ago! Why didn't they catch on?
    I have seen a few sites online that let you upload a profile photo and see what you look like. I guess you could also Photoshop your hair short and see if you like it?

michelepixels likes this.