What's the soundtrack to your scrapbooking?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 11, 2018.

When you sit down to scrap, what are the sounds in the background?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2018.
  1. Music - Scrapping playlist is queued up for inspiration

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. TV - I like my favorite shows on in the background.

36 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Regular household chatter - kids, dogs, etc

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  4. Silence - this level of genius creativity requires quiet

26 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Audio Books

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  6. Pod Casts

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

I usually listen to audiobooks all day every day but The Greatest Showman has me over the top obsessed with the music and it's been on repeat 24 hours a day for a week now.
    :circles
    If you've seen the movie just picturing me singing to the top of my lungs while working... FRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOM NOWWWWWW ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Like an anthem in my heart....... :giggle

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don’t feel strongly one way or the other about sound while I scrap. Usually I just scrap without caring what sounds might be going on (if any) at the time. Occasionally I’ll play music through my iTunes, but not a specially curated list for scrapping. Often I scrap before my family is awake so it’s silent, but I can scrap while they’re up and about too, so sometimes there’s household chatter.

I never listen to audiobooks, shows, or podcasts while scrapping though because I wouldn’t be able to pay attention to both.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I pretty much have a tv on for background noise whenever I am in the house. I don't necessarily watch whatever is on the channel it is on (weather channel right now). I cannot have total silence. When I do, I hear the sounds in my ear that are so annoying. A constant high pitched tone, like I used to tell my co-workers... it sounds like the obnoxious fire alarm that we had. I have to have sounds going all night long as well so I don't concentrate on the tinnitus sound.

I would love to have total silence in my life but it will never happen because of the tinnitus.

4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I narrowed it down to three :-) I used to always put something on the tv that I didn't have to watch, something I had seen a million times and didn't get distracted by (like Law and Order SVU or The Middle).... but not so much anymore. Now it's generally silence or podcasts. I can't listen to podcasts when I need to type journaling though... I have to pause it while I type :giggle

keepscrappin and Karen like this.
  5. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

I can't live without music so my spotify is always on. :banana

Danyale and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Almost always it is my favorite classical piano station on Amazon Prime. No lyrics to distract me, but a nice gently noise to drown out all the household chatter. Very rarely I will watch TV on my 2nd monitor, but I usually get too sucked in and don't end up scrapping as much.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love silence. How else could I hear myself think or better yet, talk myself through a layout... hehe! Yes, I talk to myself, even when I'm scrappin. I'll say, "that paper looks good" or "this needs something else." I've even caught myself saying the shortcuts as I'm working on a hard layout. Maybe it's my subconscious cheering me on to keep scrappin.

I did vote for household chatter too, because sometimes I do scrap when the family is home. I prefer to scrap during the day when I have the house and my thoughts to myself. I've tried to watch tv while I scrap, but I get too distracted by the show and end up only scrappin during commercials or having to rewind the show. I used to be better at multi-tasking, but now I'm a one-track mind kind of girl. I even have to pause my tv shows or tell my family to let me finish up this one step of my layout or sentence of an email, so I can stop and focus on what they're asking.

8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm exactly the same way. I'll either pause what I'm listening to or mute the sound. I need silence when I'm composing. That's usually the only time I find background noises distracting.

9. keepscrappin

How about you Laura... what's your soundtrack?

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm not alone! :-) I find if I don't... I will sometimes have added something from what I'm listening to into my journaling! :groan

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  11. keepscrappin

oh instrumental music is a good idea... I just might have to try that!

Karen likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

for me it is TV or movies.. I tune it out a lot but love noise in the background.

classical music is cool too as it make the creativity come out, but I am generally tuned to TV

13. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I have a soft "dinner" jazz station for this same reason. Somedays I need mindless white noise. Haha

Karen likes this.
  14. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

When I'm scrapbooking, I can't put on anything that I want to pay attention to -- I won't remember any of it later! I tend to listen to either some sort of music or I have the TV on in the background, on some show that I've seen before or some channel that I think I can tolerate for a few hours. (Like the cooking channel! I don't cook, but I don't mind watching other people and it doesn't have some plot that I have to pay attention to.)

It's not that I never pay attention to the background noise; I just don't pay attention all the time. I do have to have something going though, for those moments when I'm less focused on what I'm working on.

15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Most of the time it is silence. BUT I will also play music about 40% of the time. Depends on the 'mood' of my layout. LOL

16. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

I listen to podcasts and the radio all day long. I have recently thrown in audio books, but it seems like cheating to me! lol! I'm sorry. I know it is not cheating. But feels like it to me. :)

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Then I cheat all the time. But I get what you mean... it does feel a bit like cheating to me too. :giggle

mnjenlittle likes this.
  18. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

It depends on when I'm able to get my scrapping done. Usually I get some time in the evenings after I've put my toddler to bed (luckily she's really good about going to sleep at night). I'll put some shows on that I don't really need to watch, it's just noise mostly. Last month it was those sappy Christmas movies that are basically the same, just change out the names and locations!
    If it's the weekend and my DD actually goes down for a nap, I'll put on music so it doesn't attract her attention. My music varies depending on my mood and how much journaling I need to do. I have accidentally written what I'm singing as journaling before!

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I prefer silence...that is when I am the most productive, but most often it's household chatter. I very seldom try to watch anything because it distracts me.

20. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I like silence most of the time but sometimes the TV is on. It's usually something weird my husband chose to watch so I just tune it out anyway. If I'm watching a show I like, it takes me forever to finish a layout.