What song is playing during your MOC scrapping montage?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Juliestcyr, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

You know that part in the movie... the montage of the main character rehearsing the same dance move over and over, or baking endless cupcakes, or trying on every wedding dress in Tulsa. It's the part of the movie where you know the protagonist is going to succeed because they're a hard worker. They look exhausted, but driven and they've finally overcome the mental blocks that were preventing them from becoming a karate champion, or the world's best babysitter, or whatever.

If MOC were a movie, and there was a montage of you making scrapbook layouts, what would the soundtrack be? I'm asking because my 10 year-old is learning "Eye of the Tiger" on clarinet, and now I can't get the song out of my head.
    [​IMG]
    Dunh...Dunh, dun, dunh...Dunh, dun, dunh... Dunh, dun, dunnnnh, dun!

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

hehehehe... I can't wait to see all of the answers to this!

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

In my head, I look like this:
    [​IMG]
    In real life? More like this:
    [​IMG]

And the song?
    Probably Aretha Franklin Respect.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So funny... I was totally lost in commenting and cruising the forums earlier when my son came in singing this song and I was thinking how appropriate, and it's been stuck in my head ever since :yesss

Juliestcyr, bestcee and lmccandless like this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

This is what I feel like when I finish MOC
    [​IMG]

and I tell myself
    [​IMG]

klee73010, MrsGaramer and Juliestcyr like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

The Pentatonix mash-up of Daft Punk - everything feels like it's moving that fast and is all cut and click and save etc - and the filmclip is cool if startling and a bit of a shock to the system but exhilarating too, much like the MOChallenges (with cicadas and lawn mowers overlaid for my montage as well b/cos summer)
    (that said, i'm not technologic enough to figure out how to youtube link - gifs i'm fine with but now you know youtube is my kryptonite)

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My theme song is "You Get What You Give" by The New Radicals. People think it's called "Don't Give Up", which is what I like to call it.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I don't have a "theme" song, but I listened to Matchbox Twenty and blared the song "She's So Mean" about 5 times! LOL LOL

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@KatrinaHunt13 You remind me of a story: When my kid was a toddler one of the popular songs was "Mean" by Taylor Swift. When he was being a pain, I would sing "Why you gotta be so mean?". One day, I did that to my sister. Her response? "Don't you Taylor Swift me!".
    And now I'm giggling remembering that story!

klee73010 likes this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sounds of silence.

Love the peace and quiet.

11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm kinda being a brat to the hubby right now...I keep randomly starting and stopping the Imperial March, but I've changed the "words" to "Boop, boop, boop, boop their nose, boop their nose" he's not nearly as amused as I am because he can't un-hear my version now LOL

[​IMG]

And Sonnet has this on repeat again after forgetting about it for a while
    [​IMG]

klee73010 and bestcee like this.
  12. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

MOC-a my Soul in the Bosom of Abraham (and so now you know I'm not an EM-O-Cee kinda girl :giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle)

bestcee likes this.
  13. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

"Just keep swimming....just keep swimming..." by Dory is what comes to mind right now. Lol! Who knows if I will actually finish, but at least I love what I've created for MOC so far! :)

bestcee likes this.
  14. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

i don't really have a song yet. I will think on it though, and let you know when I'm closer to being done. Right now, what's running through my head is the theme song for some wrestler or another. My husband mistakenly called a friend of mine "Victoria" (her name is Veronica) and I thought he was thinking of his wrestling show, where they sing "victorious" as one of the lyrics, and he didn't believe me... so he found it and played it, and sure enough, there's a "victorious" in the lyrics, so... if I finish MOC, maybe that will be it. "Glorious.... I won't give in, I won't give in, till I'm victorious" or something like that. I don't know the wrestler's name. Glorious something or other... :giggle