What happens when it's all over??

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by mrs2a50, Jan 28, 2017.

1. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for all the hard work that goes into this! I have really enjoyed the challenges and the learning experience! Hope I have it right going to recheck tomorrow!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  2. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

just to be clear if our entries had something wrong with it, the host/ess would tell us before the 2nd? I am pretty sure I followed all the rules, but just in case I would like to know so I can fix it...THANKS

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have loved it (as I have every year :) ) Thank you Laura and Julie @mrs2a50 , all the Pollys' and the Designers for the fabulous challenge. They were amazing and to see all the different pages from everyone has made me smile. This is just the best. Big Big hugs and thanks for all your hard work to get this organized and for a great time!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@bbymks5 - your credits are fine. And it's okay if your first post is blank. The layouts just need to be individual posts, not all of them listed in the first post.

@elk2009 - the hosts all try to watch everyone's layouts to make sure they comply with the rules. But there can be anywhere from 150 - 300+ layouts to check, so ultimately it's your responsibility to make sure you've followed the guidelines of each challenge.

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

@mrs2a50 I was too quick and deleted the credits last night; but now I know for next time :)

mrs2a50 likes this.
  6. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Thank you @mrs2a50 so much for all of the hard work you do and thanks to everyone else involved with putting this together, hosting the challenges, etc. It has been so much fun. This is my second MOC and I enjoyed it so much more - I was a little stressed and unsure last year. I think a year participating at the Lilypad has made me a better scrapper thanks to wonderful inspiration and tutorials from the designers and staff!

busywoman139, Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Thanks for all your hard work to bring this all together...I can't wait to see what's in store for TLP in 2017! Excited to start shopping...better get my wish list ready!

Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  8. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

Oh that was fun, thanks!!! I messed up some layouts, because I wasn't paying enough attention to the requirements and I am really sorry about that! You ladies were so nice to send me a sweet message, so I was able to correct it. I am just WOWed by the motivation & kindness around here. <3

Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  9. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Thanks so much for your hard work in putting this on, I've never scrapped so many pages in a month and I'm still feeling super creative, so THANK YOU to everyone who helped put this on!

bestcee, Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  10. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Thank you so much for all your hard work! Before, during AND after!! This was year 4 of MOC for me and I have loved it just as much as I did on Day 1 back in 2014 :)

sberkan, mrs2a50 and Karen like this.
  11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Thank you for wonderful event - and thank you for alowing me to re-do ones I didn't read directions right

bestcee, mrs2a50 and Karen like this.
  12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Julie - Thanks for this explanation. This is my first year to participate in MOC and while I have greatly enjoyed the challenges, I have just had to redo several which wasn't a bit of fun. You see, I was so excited about the challenges that I failed to take the time to check whether everything on the layout was a saleable product until the hostess of challenge 14 alerted me that I had missed the mark in that challenge with the kit I used.

So for the past 24 hours I have been revamping several of my layouts. The process has been pain-staking since I don't know how much each thing counts. For example if I used one element from an retired kit how many points are deducted? I did that on one layout for the element was so perfect and I didn't have a replacement.

I do know that after all of this checking, rechecking, reading and re-reading that I will be devastated if I am disqualified for some reason since I completed all the challenges on time and I think that I met all the requirements.

One thing I have learned if I participate next year: Go through my stash (limited) and mark clearly those things which are saleable at that point in time and don't look to right nor left for anything else no matter how perfect it might be. Not always the best layout I could produce but one that meets the challenge requirements.

And in baseball one gets 3 strikes before being declared out. How about a little grace in the evaluation? No one should be disqualified for only one or two slips in product if they meet all the challenge requirements. You do want to encourage people to have fun, learn new things and hang out at the Lilypad, don't you?

13. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

Thank you for another year of fun challenges, great freebies and an opportunity to try some new techniques! Thanks for all your work on this!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I used the Life of Adventures collab and the Of Wishes & Dreams collab. I combined the part 1 with the part 2 stuff and have no way to know which was in which part. If I used something from the Part 1 blog hop part is it going to disqualify my page?

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

@lmccandless -- I think @mrs2a50 needs a raise! :giggle

I seriously don't know how you manage to go through everyone's layouts + manage to, like, sleep & eat & be a normal person otherwise.

Mama Shades and mrs2a50 like this.
  16. mrs2a50

_scrapaholic_ and bestcee like this.
  17. mrs2a50

No, you should be fine

BevG likes this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Thank you, Julie. On the layouts that non-current or non-TLP content, I listed the specific item used. I hope that makes your task a bit easier.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  19. mrs2a50

@flowersgal

I'm glad you enjoyed your first MOC! We strive to have a good balance of fun and guidelines to earn the $20 gift certificate with the event. The purpose of a host messaging you about your page is what I would consider a "grace" notification - by them letting you know that you missed one of the guidelines they are allowing you the chance to correct your page before the deadline is over. I think you'll find TLP is a warm, welcoming place and the grace notifications are all part of that support.

I will message you about some of your more specific questions.

_scrapaholic_ and bestcee like this.
  20. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

Thank you. This was a great intro to TLP and a great kick start for my return to scrapping. I forgot how much I loved scrapping and missed having this creative outlet. I'm surprised I remembered how :P

busywoman139, bestcee and mrs2a50 like this.