What do you like the most......

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by MrsPeel, Jan 22, 2017.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I can't answer fully, because I don't have the right words, and if I delve that deep, the sappy side of me comes out.

So... since I'm typative online, and quiet in real life... here is my incomplete answer.

MOC 2017 - I don't think I will complete it this year - mostly because I am a host, and other such requirements pull me in other directions. I will still chug along!

MOC 2016 - I completed last year. The excitement, the creativity, the chatter... last year was beyond wonderful - winning a Polly spot was a dream. I believe I've thoroughly immersed myself as a team member and made a point of being the best Polly I could be.

TLP - seriously... everything. For me, this little corner of the web holds instant happiness for me, creativity, friendship, and openness. I am happily addicted, and will remain so.

gonewiththewind and HeatherB like this.
  2. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Well, I'm enjoying the MOC because it is getting me scrapping almost every day! At night, I check to see if the next challenge is posted, and if it's not, I wake up early to see what it is... I have scrapped 22 pages for the MOC so far, and another 6 just for my son's book. They've been easy pages, documenting Christmas cards and birthday party invitations, but I haven't been so inspired in a very long time!! I think that inspiration comes from the challenges but also from the sweetness of the friends and community here!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'm glad that Cheryl (Fiddle-Dee-Dee) and Liz (Scrapping with Liz) made the decision to come here with their templates because I followed them here. :) What I found was a welcoming, warm hangout on the interwebs. I love the way the designers interact with everyone here, the chats, the challenges, and, oh yeah, MOC! Last year was my first time and I loved the challenge of it, the stretching of my digital muscles, and the phenomenal response of so many people scrapping together. I love seeing how people interpret the challenges differently. I feel I've grown in both my skills and my confidence in what I'm doing with my layouts. Thanks so much to the admins and the Pollys for making TLP such a great spot!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I am so bad, I never, never, never journal on my pages so I love the MOC because it gives me opportunities to work outside my comfort zone and I end up telling stories that would not have been documented otherwise.

5. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I love all the inspiration. ..happy helpful people! Love moc bc I have created some of my favourite layouts doing the challenges!

Thank all and I wish I could post on everything in the gallery! So much eye candy!

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Love love love! I love this thread!
    MOC (pronounced mach/mock ;) )- last year was my first... I loved the anticipation and nervous excitement. Good kind of pressure to finish, even though I was traveling. I learned a LOT of different things. I appreciated the diversity in challenges. This year, I'm feeling most of the challenges are similar enough to last year that I don't feel I'm learning, so much as being reminded of all the things I learned last year. This year, I think I most love the inspiration from others. Which brings me to....
    The Lilypad - I love being here. Favorite place to hang on the web! I've made so many friends! Everyone is friendly, crafty, and positive. Alllllll my crafty needs are met here, because everyone is supportive of all crafty things. I've left all but one team outside of TLP designers, because I just love being HERE. Love love love.
    :grouphug

jwalls39 and EHStudios like this.
  7. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Word.

:lmao

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So, what I love about MOC is how it brings people out of their shells. We have a lot of members who don't post very much throughout the year, or we have newbies to the Pad that join during MOC, and then AFTER MOC, they still post, and they still join in the forums. It's like adding to our family every year!

As for TLP, well, :love

busywoman139, jk703 and michelepixels like this.
  9. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

So, what I like most about MOC is how it's pushing me outside of my comfort zone with my scrapping...

As for what I like about TLP, well it's all of you :)

jk703 and michelepixels like this.
  10. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

MOC - I love how this has renewed my love for scrapbooking, which has long been on the rocks. lol The challenges, for me, are the perfect combination of stretching myself and making multiple pages for my printed albums.

TLP - Old friends who I am happy to reconnect with and it brings a smile to my face to receive their warm messages and comments on my pages. I'm a very quiet person in forums and it always amazes me that people remember me and know who I am through my scrap pages alone. That's the real power of what we do as creators and memory keepers and I'm thankful for that connection with so many here. xoxo

londoncuppa likes this.
  11. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

Being a newbie to 1. TLP & 2. scrapping I have loved every minute of the MOC and was just thinking how sad I'll be when this is over. The daily challenge was/is my morning "thing" before I have to do my own thing...there will definitely be a huge gap come February 1. The warmth and support from the forum members is truly wonderful and this really has become my "playground". It's a place where you can be you...share the good and the bad through your layouts and not worry about being judged.

Did I mention that I have spent WAY too much money since I started here?? That Gallery is a dangerous place!!! I think I need an intervention!

12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I was scrolling through some old posts and was very moved by this entire thread and the heartfelt love for TLP and fellow scrappers expressed by everyone. Even though The Pad has been my #1 fave shop for years (these designers, Laura @lmccandless and Julie @mrs2a50 are the best), I hadn't been very active on the forums until the MOC. I've long desired to be very active in the community but never made the effort. Now, I can't stay off them! If I'm not on them or working on a LO, then I'm thinking about them. That's what the MOC did for me. So, from the bottom of my heart, I echo Jenn's perfectly-worded sentiment: :heartslub

"TLP - seriously... everything. For me, this little corner of the web holds instant happiness for me, creativity, friendship, and openness. I am happily addicted, and will remain so."

busywoman139, jk703 and mrs2a50 like this.
  13. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

When I first started in digiscrapping, there were two places I called home and this was one of them. The people here have always been encouraging, the store has always held some of the best designers and it's always been a warm and welcoming place. Even when I was new here back then, they made me feel welcome. Now that I'm 'new' again, I still don't feel like an outsider.

I love how active this forum is, now that most have gone to Facebook (which I avoid at all costs) it's relieving to see that there is still a safe haven to come to and post and interact and I appreciate that far more than anyone could guess. I haven't tried the MOC yet, I'm trying to get some challenges done where I can and shake some of the rust off. I love that most of my favorite designers are still here and I love that this place still feels warm and comforting. And, like some of the others said, I fan girl squee every time one of the designers comments when I use their products. ^.^

The support in this community is great and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for everything you do (all of you) to make it as such. I hope it continues to thrive and grow and will try to do my part to help it along!

Frumpje, bestcee and mrs2a50 like this.
  14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@Serena Glad to have you on the forums, Serena. The Pad is the best place in digiland - hands down! If you ever need anything, just ask. Someone will always be willing to help you (myself included). Welcome! :-)

Serena likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This I 100% agree with! I love being able to come to the forum, and not find stuff on Facebook.

Welcome back! And no worries, you have plenty of time to get those rusty skills in order for MOC #6 in January 2018.

Serena likes this.