What are you working on?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsEm, May 13, 2018.

1. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Do you just scrap whatever, whenever? Do you actively work to finish specific projects?

I'm working on catching up a pocket page book for 2018 and a traditional layout book of 2012. Someday I'd like to create a book for my mom with pictures of all her visits and vacations with her grandsons (my sons), but I haven't started yet.

bestcee and Dalis like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I scrap on Sundays.

After having been scrapping regularly since 2007, around 2012 I decided to focus on photography. I studied and practiced a lot, including taking business classes, thinking I might go into business. For a couple of years I nearly stopped scrapping completely. I missed it, and it was hard to get back into it. Finally, what did it, was declaring Sunday my scrapping day. I've scrapped just about every Sunday since 2015. :) Sometimes I scrap other days of the week too -- like for the speed scrap last Wednesday -- but always on Sundays. Usually first thing in the morning.

I don't do very many scrapping projects. I usually scrap recent photos and occasionally old photos and every year I just throw it all together in an annual album. So I'm never "behind."

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I try to keep up with the monthly challenges + the monthly designers challenges, but also try to keep up with my monthly challenges. Right now, I'm a little behind with my Project 12 pages.

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm a whatever, wherever scrapper ... I am horrible at scrapping projects/albums.

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Working on March 2017 vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. Also doing 2018 pages here and there. Trying to work in the challenges were I can in the existing projects.

And yes, I actively work on projects. I also have 2017 June vacation, March 2018 vacation, and we are going on vacation in 3 weeks. So yeah.. That said, I am caught up from 2000 to 2017, excluding the vacations mentioned. We won't talk about the 20+ years of printed pictures that will be traditionally scrapped some day since I have boxes and boxes of them (too many to scan).

MrsEm likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do a little of both. I am about 3 weeks behind on my PL because life has just been insanely crazy for the last month or so. All of my other scrapping is pretty random. My older kids were 15 and 11 when I started so I have quite a bit of their lives still to catch up on and need to do some serious scanning.

MrsEm likes this.
  7. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I just scrap whatever, but I do have a "to-Scrap" photos that I keep, and I'm way behind. ROFL

8. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Wow! That's impressive!

9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm too busy for vacations, so I don't ever have any of those types of albums for myself....though, my daughters have traveled extensively, and I'll eventually do ones for them. For myself, I do PL, which I don't publish online, and I do challenges for The Pad. I loved the months I was a Guest Polly because I definitely knocked out a lot of pages each month. Right now, I'm working on May's challenges.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Me... I spend my scrap time, whenever I squeeze it in, scrappin' my daughter's life mostly, family vacations, etc. I typically am able to finish the monthly challenges here and will then try my hand at the designer challenges.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ditto.... :giggle

12. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

For the last few years, I've been concentrating on just completing the regular monthly challenges and the monthly designer challenges.

What I'm working on right now is cleaning and organizing my office/scrap room. My plan for the summer is to work on completing unfinished digital projects and unfinished traditional paper scrapping projects. Then it's time to start doing scanning of vintage family photos along with power layouts of traditional projects that have been on the to-do list since 2001.

All this ^^^^ along with doing the usual monthly digital challenges.

MrsEm likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I tend to scrap whatever, but set myself mini goals without deadlines. This month I noticed that most of my recent pages focus on my youngest, so this month I've set myself a goal to do some pages that focus on or include the older children. My other goal at the moment is to work on our Scotland 2015 holiday album.
    I'm also doing Project 52 this year which is making me stop, photograph and scrap the everyday.

MrsEm likes this.
  14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

For the most part I scrap whatever strikes me at the moment. I have lots of stories I want to tell but I'm not concerned about the order in which they get told. I don't scrap in chronological order, but I do print my pages and put them in albums in chronological order.

The exception would be vacation albums - I am currently working on pages from a 2017 DC trip and a 2016 Disney trip. I really would like to get those done soon - probably need to set myself some goals.

MrsEm and Karen like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm a scrap whatever and whenever I can carve out the time. I keep a list of things I want to scrap and when I sit down I either decide what to scrap based on a kit I want to use or based on the photos/event I want to scrap. :)

MrsEm and ashleywb like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Whatever, whenever - i can't stay focused on one project long enough to finish any trip albums LOL

MrsEm and Karen like this.
  17. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I'm working on finishing up our most recent Disney trip (July 2017) and trying to get Brielle's first year photos scrapped. Occasionally a challenge comes up where I'm able to tie in a layout to a current project and that's a bonus :). Generally though I enjoy doing the challenges to sharpen my scrapping skills and force me to get out of my comfort box.

Projects on the back burner ....
    1. General Family Album - Day trips, Sports, Hobbies, general every day stuff - covering several years of fav photos (many Monthly challenge layouts fall in here)
    2. Azure-lee's Album, Jessalyn's Album (now 10yrs and 7 yrs old)
    3. Disney Trips of the past (2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)

MrsEm likes this.
  18. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Officially, I'm finishing up 2005. When I'm out and about, I'm working on 2016 (the oldest photos on my camera roll) and when I'm on my computer, I'm working on whatever is the most recent (or starting at the most recent and working back, if for a challenge.) The reasoning for that is when I first started digi-scrapping (ironically, in 2005), it was with the idea that I would make an annual photo book to have something to show, since I was already falling "behind" in my chronological scrapping. I never made another book (after 2005), but I still work old to new when I'm formally scrapping (at crops and retreats) and new to old (at home on my computer) digitally. App scrapping adds another dimension to it; my phone was about two years old when I started looking into it. On my phone, I scrap and delete my camera roll photos from oldest to newest, about two years back.

What was the original question? LOL I'm finishing up my 2005 albums and getting ready to work through 2006. I already have a bunch of digital layouts completed, plus some layouts from a page kit of the month club I was in for a while, so I expect it to not take me 8 years to get through it like 2005 did.

MrsEm likes this.
  19. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I scrap whatever I feel like but have organized everything I do in a way that it fits into an album. Year book 2018, heritage album, AJ, AAM etc. So whatever page I make fits into one of these. My AAM album has been going since I started scrapping so God only knows when it will ever be printed. but at least all the pages are sorted in a way.

MrsEm likes this.
  20. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I scrap every day that I can, unless IRL work or designing deadlines get in the way. OK, that means I scrap a couple of times a week! Fridays are my sweet spot.

I am finishing up an album of the photos from when Daughter-Two was four (she is now 16). I have two layouts plus the dreaded cover to do.

I am 2/3 of the way through scrapping our big trip of 18 months ago.

MrsEm likes this.