What are you working on / How's it going?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Feb 10, 2017.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

So, what's everybody working on right now? Just keeping up with 2017? Trying to catch up on past years or events? How's it going?

2. RebeccaH

Me, I'm doing pretty good so far keeping up with 2017. So today I sat down and laid out a plan to start focusing on catching up on some past stuff. I am going to focus first on 4th quarter of 2016 -- I figured the most recent might also be the most inspiring. Plus, I'm not super in the mood to scrap spring/summer stuff with all the snow and gloom outside right now.
    I picked 4th quarter primarily because I have the fewest pages left in it compared to my other possibilities... only 17 more spreads / pages to go and I'll have the end of 2016 all ready to go for printing. My plan is relatively aggressive, but I THINK I can get it all done by the end of March... it would be great if I got it done sooner, but I'm trying to be realistic, ya know?!

3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Trying to finish up December and learn Photoshop. Later I need to come up with a plan to finish 2016. That's regular scrapping though.

I'm just getting back to taking pics daily (all the weather changes this week helped) so I'm thinking of giving PL a try. Also I have some online classes that have regular daily questions so I could add that until I get better at pictures. I'll try to do this week's during the weekend and let you know how it goes.

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm currently working on making a loaf of banana bread... but that isn't what you meant, is it? :giggle

I am trying to stay current on 2017. I have skipped a spread that I don't have a kit that works quite right with it. It's not from too long ago, but I'm afraid that if I don't finish it soon I'll forget all about it. I need to just pick something.

I'm also trying to finish up 2016. I'm up to mid-November now. I'm trying to let it go and just focus on being done rather than making it pretty. It's going okay... but not being a huge fan of the pages I'm doing is making it harder to stay motivated. My 2016 book is just a mess, so no matter what I do, it's not going to look the way I want it to. So *done* is the focus. My motivation has picked up lately because I've maxed out my hard drive. I tend to keep all of my pages on my computer until my book is sent to print. Once it goes to print, I'll copy everything to an external and delete the pages from my laptop. I need to delete files! This plan works so much better when I'm on top of my 3 books a year printing... not so good when I haven't printed since May.

RebeccaH likes this.
  5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am trying to keep cool but not too cool after being unwell earlier this week. We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Australia and it is something I have not experienced to this extent in my lifetime here and no one else my age has either. I am caught up with my weekly Project 52 pages and want to get back to creating pages about past major vacations I have taken in my earlier years of adulthood plus work on pages about my childhood to record things I would like my grandchildren to know about my life.

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. RebeccaH

That's awesome @carilyne ! I would love to see your take on a PL project! I hear you about trying to get caught up with 2016 (for me it's '16, '15, '14, '13, and so on :giggle). And best of luck to you on learning Photoshop! I tried once, but my computer just couldn't handle it at the time, and I never tried again after I upgraded. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

7. RebeccaH

I do something similar with my pre-print pages, but I had to revamp my system a while back... Now I upload them to my Shutterfly album as I finish them. Every time I get a page done, I edit my album online and save. That way, at any given time, I can see how it's coming together. Once my page is up on shutterfly, I move it to my EHD... I just feel like I get buried alive in pages otherwise... but with as much as I jump around and never actually finish projects, I would have years upon years of unfinished albums stacked up on my hard drive!! LOL

8. RebeccaH

Also, @tkradtke, feel free to pass some banana bread this way. :bwave:byay:banana

tkradtke likes this.
  9. RebeccaH

Oh my goodness Anne-Marie! What a treasure those books will be! I would LOVE to have something like that of my grandmother's. I feel like so much knowledge and life experience will be lost when she leaves us.
    And the vacation albums -- how much fun will that be, going through old trips!! I love that stuff to the max! It's like a trip down memory lane!!

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have "just" realized that DS2 is 21 on the 28th of February and I should be 'finishing" or at least looking at adding a few layouts into his albums for the big event.
    Am up to date with PL 2017 so that gives me some feeling of being up to date and in control.
    I am also working backwards through 2016, have New Years done and ready to print.
    The heat is really awful now. 34C and Interschool athletics is done, DD passed her learners yesterday. DS2 is getting a car. DS1 should be proposing next month. DD's gala is next week and I am melting, warm moments and all. Oh and the fridge is on the fritz.
    I suppose, I am keeping busy.

11. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

I printed my book 2016 (130 pages). This is my sixth book. Now I do the page of 2017. I already have 24 pages, but I made only 4 weeks. I need to eliminate the backlog. And I changed the font in my new book.:yesss

tkradtke likes this.
  12. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Trying to finish up my 2016 yearbook...last count I was at 308 pages....since then I have finished scrapping November events. Thank goodness blurb has a max page book of 420!

Then on to 2017! MOC really got me on a scrapping roll! I miss MOC!

FILIPPOK likes this.
  13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That's what I need to do! I immediately upload to Shutterfly once I'm done because I love flipping through my books. But I never let myself move things off of my hard drive until I print the book. There's no logical reason for that, so I need to change my work flow. I have always immediately uploaded Project Life pages to Shutterfly, but now I've started doing it with all of my projects. I end up rearranging pages a million times since I work out of order on those projects. But it is motivating to see the pages and get a feel of how the finishing book will look. I think I'll start moving and deleting stuff today, maybe just leaving the small, saved for the web files on my hard drive for easy access for sharing (and honestly, that's really not even necessary, is it?).

14. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

308 pages [​IMG] . In my printing the maximum number of 160 pages.
    Lady, what is the maximum number of pages you had in the book?

15. RebeccaH

Even my small files that I share on the web I move to my EHD once I upload them. I figure, if the file is on Shutterfly, that works as a sort of online backup for me, just in case anything happens to my EHD. As for the smaller ones, they're only good for internet stuff, and if I really needed to redo it, as long as I have the print-quality, I can remake it easily enough. I don't think I've EVER had to go back and redo an internet file, though, once I've posted it.

I say purge your stuff and be FREE!! :giggle

16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

The most I ever had was 420!

But it pics from the entire year...minus any big vacations and my son's birthday. Those get their own books

FILIPPOK likes this.
  17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm working on this year right now. Just about caught up.

RebeccaH likes this.
  18. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have already finished my first project for this year... The Portland album. It's ready to print, but for some reason, I haven't pulled the trigger on the order. I don't know why....

Next up, finishing PL 2016. I am in week 46? I have all photos picked out, all videos uploaded and ready for QR codes to be generated, all journaling already completed for the rest of the year. I'm soooooooooooo close to done. I've never finished a whole year. I've never lasted more than 6 weeks, actually.

After doing the project, though, i am not 100% sold on doing it another year. At least not in a row. I really liked Courtney's approach of every other year... Or else i will switch to monthly highlights. I haven't decided. Either way, finishing 2016 is first, and I think that will be done this week.

My "traditional" pages are working through 2014, though i don't hold myself to only those. But i wanted to complete a full year, and just picked 2014 to make sure all pur stories were told. I am using CT duties and challenges to work through these as much as possible.

Then, Kaydee's baby album that I've been trying to finish for ages. I'd like to move on to start Rory's album this year, so I need to move forward on hers. And last, i am planning another WITL in October. Kaydee starts Kindergarten this year, and i am anticipating a shift in our family life, so that another WITL album will be quite interesting and different than our last one. It works out that i have WITL 2015, PL 2016, WITL 2017, and back to PL in '18? Possibilities... :)

19. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I should be finishing up on 2016 pl book but I am just stalled out right now. January was so busy for me - was out of town then went on a cruise - that I haven't had time to do anything. I'm starting on the cruise book to see if that will put me back into the swing of things. I decided to do a smaller book so that's been a little challenging. I really need to get back to taking more photos. I've seriously slacked off!

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I am not making much progress in my 2016 England trip, but at least I'm blogging on it weekly which gives me a base, plus all the photos are in Lightroom so they sort easily by day. Every night I say tomorrow...but somehow it's not happening. Yet. I feel caught up enough in Project Life when I'm only one week 'behind' - isn't there a better word???

RebeccaH likes this.