Weekend Plans | Pad Patter 11.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 11, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know, the weekend might be half over depending on your time zone. Share what you did!
    Whatcha doing? Anything fun? Or same old, same old?

Me, I'm going to sit down and scrap. I cleaned yesterday, so this is my treat today.
    How about you?

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm cleaning today and putting some plastic on a few of my drafty windows. I'm am trying to get a jump on the high winter heating bills.

But in exciting news... My oldest son is color blind(that's not the exciting part lol) We found out when he was 12 after years of battles over what color his clothes were :giggle. #ParentFail I had always thought he was just being annoying and arguing with me. So, for his birthday in June, his dad and step-mom, myself and dh, and my mom went in together and bought Enchroma color blind glasses for him. He finally got around to ordering them (they are also prescription and he wanted to get a new eye exam). They arrived on Tuesday, but we are doing what I have named a "color reveal party" tomorrow when we could get everyone together. I'm so excited for him! I have watched some of the reaction videos on the Enchroma web site and I'm so anxious to see what his reaction will be! I hope it's a whole new world for him!

Karen, jenn mccabe, mcurtt and 6 others like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm excited to hear how that goes Jan! I'm curious how well they with since you mentioned them awhile ago. @IntenseMagic

And honestly, I would have probably assumed my kid was just being a pain with colors too.

4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

@IntenseMagic That is the coolest!!! I can't imagine how different everything will be - I would love to know his reaction!
    I remember my mother-in-law telling me when she had tubes put in her oldest son's ears when he was 3 or 4, he ducked and hid in the car on the way home because all the noises were so loud - it was the first time he had heard a train at full volume. It's not exactly the same, but similar concept to what your son will be experiencing. I love that someone was able to make glasses to help people see the full beauty of the world around us!

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

As for me, today I am going out to dinner and a movie (Bad Moms Christmas) with some of the ladies in our neighborhood. I am excited about it, but also a little bummed because our night out is happening on top of the Miami v. Notre Dame game, and I am dying to watch it! I should at least get to see the end of the game (but who knows, depending on how it goes, it could be a blessing that I don't get to watch the whole thing!!)

Other than that, not tons planned this weekend. Probably a bit of cleaning for Thanksgiving prep (which is happening next weekend for us due to family schedules). Going to try to claim some more me time and get a few more layouts done this weekend!

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

My daughter has a dance performance tonight, so that's pretty much the extent of my plans. She left the house at 111:30 and I won't see her again until after the performance around 10pm. My husband comes home this afternoon from his week in California for work. My son and I are going out to lunch in a bit and then he'll go to work later. I need to check some stuff off of my to do list.... very exciting. :-)

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'll be sure and update after the party tomorrow!!

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We went to the Jazz game last night and cleaned the church this morning. The funniest part of my weekend will be going to Digi Night Out tonight and Linner (early lunch/late dinner) before DNO. I can't wait to chat and maybe scrap a little with all the girls tonight! I am planning to knock out another page or two for my son's mission scrapbook, so we'll see.

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@IntenseMagic Jan those glasses sound cool. I can't wait to hear how it goes with your son. My dad is color blind too.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've just gotten home from taking one of my daughters shopping. She has just thoroughly cleaned her room and wanted to get some hangers and a jewelry organizer. My other daughter has a couple of friends over as she often does every weekend, because they play Pathfinder. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to do some scrapping this evening. If not, I might read. I still have barely begun John Green's Turtles All The Way Down, even though I pre-ordered it and Amazon delivered it the day it was published a month ago.

11. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Nothing much. Scrapping. Reading. Watching Netflix/tv/Youtube. Lots of laundry. Now an early night in.
    Tomorrow we're invited for a brunch at my uncle's place. :)

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm in the midst of a kid-free weekend, and it's been glorious!

I relaxed Friday night with some Hallmark Christmas movies & got 4 pages scrapped.

I spent the afternoon scrapping with my mom & sister, went out to dinner with my parents, hit up Target (where I found a Saved By The Bell board game that I'm going to give my sister for Christmas -- total score!), and then went out for drinks with a friend & her friends tonight.

I have plans tomorrow to go through the kids' toys & catch up on some chores but we'll see how motivated I am! Ha!

13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I had planned on getting some DD pages done so they were ready, but life happened and that hasn't happened. Tomorrow I'm really hoping it'll happen, if not I'll make sure of it this coming week.

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nothing of note this weekend, to be honest going out on the weekend is a right pain for me with bus/train connections so I don’t often go out over the weekend

15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My plans for the Friday and the weekend got shot down on Friday morning. I was to go to the "Festival of Trees" at a local assisted living facility with my cousin. Her 92 year old mom lives there so we were going to spend some time with her as well. Then we were going to go out for prime rib at our local VFW. My cousin's mother passed away early Friday morning.

So I ran some errands on Friday instead after making several phone calls to family members about Mae. When my cousin called me Friday night I insisted that she call me if she needed help with anything (like me she is single, never married and no children). As we were talking she decided that instead of going to the grocery later that night, she'd go on Saturday and go to Sam's Club at the same time. She asked me to go along so I said I would. So that was my Saturday. We also had a late lunch. When we got back to her house, I helped her figure out some things for the visitation (slide show etc).

So now my day today includes cleaning house real good because a cousin from out of town will be coming in on Wednesday for the visitation and possibly staying all night since it won't be over until around 8:00.

Tomorrow I will be helping my cousin clean out her mom's room at the assisted living facility.

And, the reason for the visitation being so many days later... No death certificate will be issued until Monday since Friday was a holiday for the state health department. Body is being cremated and that cannot be done until death certificate is issued.

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I remember you telling us that ... how fun! I can't wait to hear about it too Jan! :)

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

pizzas, we got LOTS of pizzas, which I shouldn't be eating at all.
    I slept a lot as this new meds for the heart make me a bit sleepy, plus we had a black out, no electricity..... then I got all emotional and cried just reading some posts that should not really make me cry, maybe because of the heart diangnose and all that is lined up for the week (invasive tests) makes me appreciate how much I have here... and reflect in general...
    Sarita stayed in and her friend Shasain came over for Sarita to do her hair grey, I am seriously thinking to let my white grow , as is fashionable now to have gray hair!!!

18. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I spent all day Sat at my son's wrestling meet. 7 hours. It would've been alot easier if the seats were so uncomfortable but I did see my mom and sister (who drove to watch my son's matches). Overall, yes it was a long day and seats were awful, but I did enjoy my family's company.

Today was supposed to be family picture day but it's cloudy outside. So, we are going to try next Sunday.

Now, we are all vegging, Netflixing, video game playing....basically do nothing day :)

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@IntenseMagic that is very cool to hear, Jan! I'll be curious to hear what his reaction is.

I've had some family time this weekend, watching movies together and I've done a bit of scrapping. Went to a craft fair this morning and did a bit of shopping. It's been a fun weekend but its gone by quickly.

20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Even though the weekend is over, we had a good one! :giggle Thor and a sleepover for the boys on Friday. Errands, new winter coats and dinner in with games with friends on Saturday. Sunday was soccer and cleaning. :)