Want To Know More About Tracing Elements in Silhouette Studio???

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, May 11, 2017.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Awesome! I'm going to check it out!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@KatrinaHunt13 Thanks for posting. I can also help anyone that needs it. I use this feature the most when hybrid scrapping.

4. KatrinaHunt13

Thanks!!!!

londoncuppa likes this.
  5. londoncuppa

@KatrinaHunt13 On your question about dragging over multiple elements, I'm able to do this without any problems. It may depend on the version of the software you're using. I've upgraded to the Business license, but I was using the Designer version and could do it then.

6. KatrinaHunt13

I have designer edition....but maybe I am just doing it wrong...when I tried to drag more than one, I ended up with the first one...but it could be I was trying to drag a bunch into a small space?? Does that make sense? Like there wasn't enough room on the mat where I was trying to place all of them!

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm confused on your confusion lol. You say one at a time, but the group of circle elements you do all together?
    I do like you did with the circle elements. I select them all, and play with the high/low pass and threshold until they are all selected when I do planner tracing.

8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

My silhouette does not like me...I cried uncle about two years ago and just gave up on it (very un-me). Good luck with your projects.

9. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Great tutorial! If something is really fiddly to outline, you can also open in it photoshop, CTL-Click on the layer to outline the item and fill the outlined section with black. If you import that to Silhouette, it will easily then find the outline.

I sometimes do it this way anyway if I have a lot of elements -- I drag them all to one page in PS as my print page. Then I duplicate that page (or save under a different name) and use an action I made to quickly outline/fill each of those items. Import both files to Silhouette -- the first for printing, and the second for cutting.

10. londoncuppa

Way to go, Dawn, with the action! I need to do that. Luckily, I don't have too much trouble most of the time, but that would be handy.

11. londoncuppa

I always keep my canvas at 12x12, so I'm not sure. You've got me wanting to play with it after work tonight...lol. Thanks to you, I've been very motivated this week to work on some hybrid layouts. :agree

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

So cool! I'm slowly getting used to the silhouette for my planner stuff.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do this as well!!

Great post @KatrinaHunt13 !! Thanks so much for sharing!!

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I can only open one file at a time... in the Designer edition? Is that what you mean @KatrinaHunt13 ?
    This is me too. I'm just more comfortable in PS CC software I guess.

@KatrinaHunt13 I also can not drag or open more than one file at a time in Silhouette studio software. It only opens one at a time. I would love to know if there is a trick to be able to open more than one file at time as well!

(edited to say : I can have more than one file open in the software. But I can't select two to open at the same time. And I can't drag more than one file. It will only open one. Then I can go back and open another - so technically there is more than 1 file "open" but I have to do them individually as far as I can tell. It's a bit annoying.)

15. KatrinaHunt13

Yes what you said!!!! I guess I am going to have to try this PS CC trick soon!

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh! I just emailed myself to remember to check this out tonight when I'm at home. :)