texture

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Nov 29, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@londoncuppa Unfortunately, I don't have many pics of my cards anymore. I never took many pics of them, I just made them and gave them out, not storing them online like I do my LOs. But here are a few I've made. I've been making cards for about 10 yrs but haven't made many these last couple of years. I want to get back into it.
    https://raeclevett.smugmug.com/Digital/Digital-Cards/

[​IMG]

KatrinaHunt13 and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Angela Toucan

In addition tot he leaf one, which others did you get? I love embossing folders.

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

@Dalis.
    in addition to the leaf I got parquet, basket weave, hessian and pebbles. all at 8x8.

4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

That's adorable, Rae! Aqua and red is my favorite color combo. Love it!

Historically, I'm not a cardmaker, but it's something I'm getting into this year. I've got everything normally used...stamps, dies, embossing folders, Copics, watercolors, Gelli plates, etc. I use these things in my scrapping, and cardmaking is really just a layout on a smaller canvas, so why not branch out? If you make any new ones, please share!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I didn't know they came 8x8. That is awesome because then you can do the embossing portrait or landscape on your cards!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh I used to love to emboss when I used to make cards all the time. I love your leafy texture! I've started art journaling now and am constantly wanting different ways to add texture to my pages.... this could be dangerous for me to have seen this thread... :giggle

londoncuppa and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I could never totally give up card making as I love my copics, stamps and embossing folders. I have a huge colored pencil collection that I use with gamsol mineral spirits to blend. So much fun! If you like using copics you'd probably like the colored pencil/gamsol technique too. I think maybe I'll work on coloring at night when I'm watching TV sometimes. I get too tired to want to scrap much in the evening, so have been doing most of my scrapping during the day or early evening but later I could color my stamped images as I watch TV.

londoncuppa and Angela Toucan like this.
  8. londoncuppa

I've got those too and bought some Gamsol a few months back but haven't tried it yet (there probably isn't anything I don't own...my oldest daughter said with all of my crafting stuff I'm just one box away from being on an episode of Hoarders...lol).

I finished with my sequins and embossing folders, and now I'm working on getting my dies organized. I'm transferring everything into labeled 5x7 or 7x9 envelopes with magnetized cards in them. It's been a huge undertaking. It doesn't help that I recently discovered AliExpress and have been ordering tons of new ones. I just need to stay off that site!

After I finish with my dies, I'm tackling my stamps. I subscribe to several kit clubs and am always getting new ones. It's a never-ending battle, but it's a problem I love!

I used to really be into watercolor (way before I started scrapping). I'm hoping cardmaking, plus incorporating it into my scrapbook layouts, will get me back into it.

I'd love to see some of your colored pencil pieces. It's definitely on my to do list. I may have to pick your brain for some advice since you're definitely more of an expert than me. :heartlub

bcgal00 and Angela Toucan like this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm no expert but am happy to share whatever knowledge I can. I've been thinking all morning about stamping and embossing :) I don't know when I will have time to play but I think I need to get into my scrap room and get some cards made soon. As for coloring, whether with copics or pencils, I am definitely no expert but I'm ok with that, I have fun and don't care that I'm not really good at it LOL.

londoncuppa likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

I appreciate it! I'm sure you have more experience in that area than me. I'm more of a "buy all the stuff and learn later girl."

I've been binge-watching YouTube videos all year from cardmakers that I admire; especially ones that are either really good with their coloring skills or come up with techniques that I can translate into my scrapbooking. Jennifer McGuire is very good at coming up with clever ways to use/stretch my dies.

I'm always thinking about how I can use my supplies with my digital kits. Even when I'm looking at digi kits/supplies to buy, that's the first thing I think of.

I do a lot more hybrid stuff than what I post here because I'm usually posting in the gallery for a challenge, and I always pay attention to the 75% requirement of TLP products, and I buy from a lot of different stores.

bcgal00 likes this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Just fell over this thread , Ups LOL... thought I would share this embossing folder card ,I like embossing so much, but I am a clutch at stamping, I will now go searching on u-tube.. Thanks
    [​IMG]