supposed to scrap today, but bagging low carb snacks

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I lost 8 pounds in a snap after the New Year doing a primal/ketogenic diet -- which is really low carb. No grains at all and no fruit. At first you are also supposed to limit nuts and legumes. So, it's mostly eating just meat and veggies. It works if you want to drop a bunch of weight in a hurry. I need to find a balance though of a diet I don't feel too deprived on and still staying low carb. I really do feel better overall when I stay away from the simple carbs.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my husbands belly has shrunk in 4 days! I am just wowed at it, like it was filled with a big balloon and deflated. That keeps him motivated and he feels so good! I feel okay, low carb really makes me tired, and I rely on RockStars for the afternoon, and 9pm, fall no collapse in bed.

3. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Men are so lucky that way, sigh. My docs and research says avoid artificial sweetners as they trick the body into making insulin. When my blood glucose is under control, they will cause me to have a rapid dip and feel yuck. And a headache. . . that's all I get from em when i'm running high.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, I see this all the time. And then I wonder how does it actually apply?
    Onions?
    Turnips?
    Cauliflower?
    Or is it only intended to mean avoid flour and sugar?

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My pressure cooker is my savior for those nights. I can throw brown rice and chicken breasts in the pressure cooker, and toss a veggie onto the stovetop to cook. The chicken and rice will be done in about 20 minutes, and the only "hands on" time for me is turning the stovetop down once it comes to pressure. And while not recommended by "them", I throw frozen chicken breasts in with brown rice all the time with no harm. Just decrease the water you add for the rice a little bit.
    I'll come home from the park, throw dinner in the pressure cooker, go potty, come back and it's at pressure. Turn it down, and by the time the table is ready, and munchkin has washed his hands, and changed, dinner is ready.

White rice isn't as good for you, but it's ready in about 10 minutes in the pressure cooker.

Karen likes this.
  6. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Flour, sugar, pasta, bread, anything highly processed. For vegetables, onions are higher carb, bit no one ever got fat by eating too many onions.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

You got me laughing so hard.

bestcee and mollyc like this.
  8. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I do Weight Watchers on my phone app and took off 20lbs - I was eating clean before that but just couldn't quite lose. I was very healthy, but I think my diet was too generous with healthy fats and quinoa etc. Good luck Anne and everyone!

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm in the same bot right now with all that's been going on. Quick drive thrus, no eating all day because I'm running crazy and then ice cream late night after I finally plop down. UGH
    I'm trying to do better. I am.....