September Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'September 2017 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Aug 29, 2017.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello & welcome to this month's photography challenge!

Even though fall is right around the corner for many of us, I'm still in high gear for holding onto warm sunny days as long as I can! These types of days lift my spirits and make me excited to pull out my camera and capture my surroundings. This past week I was on a beach vacation and one of my goals was to get a good reflection shot. For this type of image, I have to keep my eyes open and really see the world around me. It is so easy to look right past the details, so a reflection shot helps keep me in the moment and focused on the beauty of the scene. I never was able to capture exactly what I envisioned (sometimes that is just the way it goes), but nonetheless I was able to get a decent reflection of my son on the shore. And that was good enough for me :)

Your photography challenge this month is to capture a reflection. Look around you - puddles, water droplets, lakes, rivers, mirrored glasses and other reflective surfaces. Try to get creative with this one! Since this is a photography challenge, the hope is that you will pull out your camera and shoot a new photo this month and then scrap it.

Here is my photo, scrapped using a variety of products from Paislee Press (Heriloom, Magic Hour, Fresh Air, Welcome Word Art, & For Like Ever):

[​IMG]

Hope you have fun playing with your photography and happy scrapping!

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad (new prize starting with the July challenges)! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

A-M and berniek like this.
  2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

great challenge!

3. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Aw, shucks I just did a page with a very cool reflection last month. I do take a lot of pictures with reflections though so I'm off on a photo hunt :rollin

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Lori, not sure if you wanted a new photo (meaning taken especially for this) but I can make another page, it is just that when I read this, I remembered how obsessed we were with reflections and taking pics of it when we first got the DSLR, I went on search of this photo that also means a lot to me (even longer story LOL)
    can make a page with a new photo if you wish!!! LOVE this challenge!!!!
    [​IMG]

jesskab and wvsandy like this.
  5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Great challenge. I am fascinated by reflections and always trying to capture them. Great timing as I just made this photo very recently while on vacation.
    [​IMG]

6. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

Here's my LO - a favourite photo I took a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

Christina W and Roboliver like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

One of my favorite photos too... I took this on our UK trip in 2015.. no idea of reflection until we looked at photos when we got home! A lucky photo!!
    [​IMG]

Christina W likes this.
  8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

9. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

10. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I love reflections, thanks for this challenge!
    [​IMG]

11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thank You For The Interesting Challenge...I Don't Generally Notice Reflections Eventhough Some May Exist In Some Photos I Have But I Enjoyed This Challenge...With The Reflections Of The Water/Sea & A Simple Boat You Can See The Beauty In Simplicity...I Turned The Photo Into A Painting & It Just Made The Photo Pop...I Was Going To Add A Quote About "Reflections" To My Layout But After I Was Almost Done I Realized That I Liked It Better Without The Quote Since The Layout Already Had A Large WA On The Page,That To Me,Already Made It Feel Complete...

:For My Reflections Layout:I Used:

:Alive-Bundle-Lynne-Marie

Reflections-August-Photography Challenge (695x695).jpg

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/photography-challenge-september-reflections.313464/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I searched for reflections on my walks the last couple of days -- conveniently we've had rain -- and this challenge reminded me of when I used to make up imaginative stories about other worlds on the other side of puddles.
    [​IMG]

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Here's mine. I think there might be 2 reflections in my layout.
    [​IMG]
    left side -
    [​IMG]
    right side -
    [​IMG]

15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Hopefully this counts?
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife likes this.
  16. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

17. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

here is mine:
    [​IMG]

18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

19. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Ah... this challenge was PERFECT for this photo I just took on our family vacation. We had a great time learning all about the many uses for glass :-)

[​IMG]

20. Rosemarythyme

Rosemarythyme Well-Known Member