September 18 Random: Specific Product (Template)

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by HeatherB, Sep 18, 2017.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hello, and welcome to the week of September's Focus Challenges. This month the focus is on random challenges, so you will find quite a variety in them. My challenge is the Specific Product challenge and I have chosen Templates as the product. So you need to create a page using one of the many templates available. You can find a list of Lilypad templates in the store here!

I picked a template that is quite a variation on my typical style, just to stretch things a bit. I usually have lots of elements and clusters on my pages, and this is far from that! But I love how it turned out. This shows how templates can help you branch out and try new styles of layouts!

Here is my example, using a wonderful template from Scrapping with Liz:
    [​IMG]

And please remember to follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

G.J. and AllisonPennington like this.
  2. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My page using a template by Scrapping with Liz:
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I struggle with masculine pages, even when using templates...I always want to add flowers and girly bits LOL! This is pretty clean and simple from what I normally do.

I do love using templates though!

[​IMG]

5. HeatherB

I have the same issues, and I am scrapping my boys, so I need to try to lean more towards the masculine side. I love your version of the template without the flowers!

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I really like the template challenges (and designer template challenges) here at TLP because quite often they are from designer's whose style is outside my norm (i.e. my favorite template designers). I almost always use a template to start with as I am a more concrete thinker than an abstract thinker. I like rules and structure and then the freedom to break them. Starting with a template does that for me.

HeatherB likes this.
  7. bbymks5

I know it's just me, being me...but I have a hard time finding masculine kits that are NOT sporty. Hubby is not into sports (he played baseball and soccer as a child but that it's), he doesn't wear a suit and tie for work etc; so I run into the problem of things being too young or just don't fit him, so I shy away from scrapping photos of just him.

HeatherB likes this.
  8. HeatherB

It's not just you...I find the same thing. I tend to re-use the same elements over and over, one from this kit, one from that kit, and so on, until I match whatever template I am using. As a result, I'm almost never a one-kit scrapper. But even still, there ends up being flowers anyway, I just try to pick from the more masculine ones, and maybe substitute in leaves instead.

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    Thank you for the challenge. I chose a template from this pack by Dagi's Temp-tations and Kate Hadfield, but I had to embellish it a little bit! This LO by @Vrielinkie was so inspiring.

HeatherB and Vrielinkie like this.
  10. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Wow, that is awesome @cinderella!

cinderella likes this.
  11. bbymks5

It's so hard for me to stick with one kit! I love options...lots and lots of options LOL!!

HeatherB likes this.
  12. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I always love templates! I've had this one forever, so finally scrapping with it! Changed the journaling spot to be for another photo :D

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I used a series of photos for the 9/21 challenge but I also used a template for this challenge. I love how templates take me in directions I wouldn't usually go.
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

[​IMG]

Mine uses a pretty clean and simple layout but I must say I did add a few things that were NOT in the template. LOL!!!

HeatherB likes this.