Scrapbook graphics closing

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ashleywb, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I was sad to see today that Scrapbook Graphics will be closing November 30. I had not been around there much in recent years, but before I settled here at The Pad it was one of the stores I enjoyed. Just hate to see another closing.

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I agree, there are some talented designers over there, but they had really lost talent in the last couple of years. It is so sad to see the closure of the big stores.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Its so sad to hear of this loss to the scrapping community.

Rikki likes this.
  4. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Is it wrong that when I learned of this closing on facebook, my first thought was that I hoped certain designers would make their way over here to the Lilypad?? Because, truly, that was the first place my brain went...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

LoveItScrapIt, janedee, Karen and 5 others like this.
  5. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

That is so sad. I hope the designers manage to find new stores. I admit I never found it very user friendly t to navigate.

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I think i was there last in maybe 2012? I wouldn't know who's who in the design world still really outside of here but it's always hard on the regulars when a store closes - maybe we will have some new friends in the gallery following Nov 30 though

londoncuppa and cfile like this.
  7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I was absolutely devastated when Scrap Orchard closed, it had been pretty much my only store/forum forever. I was so glad to find TLP and now I can't imagine life without it. I hope that everyone who is losing their home finds somewhere perfect to connect.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:heartlub:happyhug:heartlub

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I always hate to hear of a store closing. When someplace feels like home, it's hard to say goodbye. I hope everyone finds a new home that is a perfect fit for them. <3

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! I hadn't heard this until now. They've been around forever, but I'll admit I haven't even been to there store since I started hanging out here. I had to go look just now to see what designers were even there. I feel bad for anything who had their digi-home there. It's so hard when somewhere closes. I hope everyone finds a good new place to hang out and maybe even here. :)

11. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

This is so sad. I spent a huge chunk of my scrapping life there.

12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

It's always sad when another store closes. I do hope they all find new "homes"

13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I didn't went on this shop but it's always a sad news when a store closes. hope that the designers will find a new home

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I know sad as Maya was one of the first in digital I think, plus even back a few years when I had CTs there, it was slow, and I remember saying in 2014 I wasn't sure uit would last longer than another couple of years :(
    I was actually in one of those "hate/love" feelings Justine was talking about in her thread.... sad that another big time place is closing...but I was hoping Laura would get the ViVa girls here LOL

londoncuppa, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Every time a store that has served the digi community closes is sad because no matter which store it is, each one has a community of both designers and scrappers. I learned to use actions with Wendy Zine and it's funny because I used to think she had a 'zine' - those original digital magazines! I had no idea it was really her name.

londoncuppa and bellbird like this.