School Supplies |Pad Patter 7.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 26, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My mom usually takes my daughter school supply shopping, bless her. With my daughter's birthday being the first week of school, my mom usually buys her a backpack & lunchbox, too, and gives them to her at her family party the week before.

I love shopping but not for school supplies. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My kids go back September 6th too!

I LOVE school/office supplies!!! Also- love the fact that our school has the supply list available super early!

HOWEVER- I hate TAKING my kids supply shopping. I much rather prefer to do the shopping alone so I don't hear the 'but I want the way more expensive doggy folder' baloney ;) I know my kids well enough to know what their favorite colors are & what they like that I can still make them happy & stay on budget!

Another trick I like to do is check out the next year list & hit the sales once school is back in session! I have glue, scissors & paper that I bought last september for this year for hardly anything (like $0.15 NICE scissors) Cha-ching!!!

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I love school supplies!!! I have a very generic list for my daughter...waiting until 8/1 to get teacher specific lists on Meet the Teacher Night and then she starts on 8/3!! I REALLY wish they would email or snail mail teacher specific lists before all of the school supplies are gone! I don't like waiting until the last minute to get her supplies.

KarenB likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I homeschool too...

And I love starting the new school year with fresh pencils, planners, crayons, etc...
    I also LOVE getting new books and planning curriculum for the year.

BevG, bestcee and kimingvtx like this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Can you ever not buy pens?! Like what's the point of not having ALL THE PRETTY PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenB and bestcee like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

In other news, I hate buying school supplies for my kids because every year we buy more and more and the schools do less and less.

We get a list, and usually the teachers still add more after they get in class.

7. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

Me too! I especially go back during clearance time to grab those items that teachers might ask for mid year (more pencils, dry erase markers) and to start stocking up for the following school year. And I love to get items for our own craft stock!

amien1 likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

College boy starts back on Aug 16. Guess I should ask what he needs. High school girl starts Aug 22 or there about. She is homeschooled but is taking 4 outside taught classes. So I don't know what she will need until then. Probably binders and stuff. She will probably beg for more mechanical pencils because she loves them and they seem to go poof or something.

I love buying school supplies. My hubby likes to use the composition books for landlord notes, i.e. what tools to bring next time, what size screws to buy, etc. DD has a pen fetish... I like the Pilot gel pens.

Oh, and if you do shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, now is the time to buy notebooks, etc. for them. We do the older kid boxes so I like to get ruler, compass, solar calculator, paper, notebook, pencils, pens, colored pencils, pencil bag, sharpener, erasers, glue sticks, and scissors. I also try to find a string drawbag/backpack to hold school things.

9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

:dancebun

I am sooo happy!! My oldest son started Kindergarten in 1994 and my youngest son just graduated from High School this past June 2017... 6 children I put through the public schools and have seen so many changes in the way they do/required school supplies. Some years I felt so guilty not buying all the supplies the teachers would ask for as we just could not afford it! So we would buy the basics that I knew they REALLY NEEDED.

KarenB and Tree City like this.
  10. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Kids here don't get a list. Going back to school always meant new shoes! And fancy stationery - the schools provide everything, but the kids like their own. My kids are all adults now so its all just a memory :lol

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My kiddos go back in 4 weeks (Aug 28th) and I haven't done any school supply shopping yet even though the stuff has been in stores since the 4th of July! ugh! Let's not rush things. I do like shopping for the supplies and I long ago realized that my boys don't care one bit about the new stuff, so I just go by myself and get them what I think they want (as far as folder and binder colors). I usually end up spending around $75-100 though. yikes! And that doesn't include the pens I usually throw in for myself. :giggle (Papermate InkJoy pens anyone?) Swoon!