Questions about the challenges?

Discussion in 'September 2015 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Post them here!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have a question. I'm not sure if I should ask in the specific challenge or here.

In the One Word challenge,( https://the-lilypad.com/forums/showthread.php/38284-September-One-Word ) at the top it says: "You just have to use the special word in some way on your page.

Your word this month is - LIFE"

But under the layout it says "In addition to using some date elements, your page must contain at least 75% of Lilypad product."

So, does it have to have both the word Life and some date elements?

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Probably a copy paste error. Carrie had the same question in July or August I think. :) (though I'm no one official :giggle)

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Yeah, it must have been copied and pasted from the product challenge.

There's another error that gets copied and pasted every month: it always says "at least 75% of LilyPad product" instead of "75% LilyPad product". When you have the "of" it means we're supposed to include three-quarters of what is for sale in the store, which is obviously not what you mean. ;)

5. mrs2a50

Just a copy and paste error. You just need to use the word "Life" :)

6. klee73010

:giggle I've thought this before, too.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  8. mrs2a50

Hi Cath:

In order for your challenge pages to be tallied, I need them to be posted in the layouts thread. I do try to click on links like your product page to check and see if its in the gallery, but I don't always catch them. You did get your full credit for the 30% off coupon, but you didn't go into the list of eligible winners of the guest spot. I do apologize for that but when I did the tally it didn't look like you had completed all the pages. If this ever happens in your layouts thread again, you can always PM me with a link to the page that doesn't show in the thread and let me know that you did complete the page. Sorry for the confusion.

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Yes. So sorry. A copy and paste error on my part. I usually try to proof read it but I think it's easy for me to miss stuff since I see the same words every month. Thanks for catching it and thanks, Julie, for fixing it for me.

10. Cath_

Thank you, i went and titled them 1 product (post #) , post linked to tread, the layout under it linked to gallery

11. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I sent a PM and I send a message through Contact us but I seem to be having issues with the forums deleting my posts after a few days. I completed all 7 challenges for August. I posted in each challenge forum and in the Members Gallery or Challenge Gallery and I also kept a running list with links and images in the August Challenge Thread as well but when I went in to check today to see when we would hear about the 30% off and the Team Member spot I saw that the thread was closed and it looked like the coupons had already been handed out but I did not receive one. So I went back through all the threads and for the third time since I started for August three of my post threads were gone from their perspective forum Threads. One of those being the August Challenge Thread. I did complete ALL the challenges though and was really looking forward to being considered or in the running for a CT memberspot for the month. Has this all been decided already? Am I now out of luck?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  12. mrs2a50

Kellie, I received your PM this morning; my apologies that I wasn't able to respond right away. Each month when the challenges are complete, I go through the challenge layouts thread and move all the posts with all 7 challenges completed to a "finished layouts" thread (https://the-lilypad.com/forums/showthread.php/37928-Finished-Challenges-for-August). This makes it easier for me to tally at the end of the month. I am in the process for doing these tallies and will get the coupons sent out via PM in the next day or two. Let me know if this doesn't completely answer your question.

13. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

You answered my question. Thank you. I was afraid I had missed out and it had all already been done. Is there something I am doing wrong in the forum that is causing my posts to simply disappear every now and then. It seems like its always the same post over and over too. A glitch in that particular forum? I would like to be proactive in making sure that doesnt happen again. Thanks!! Huggles.

14. mrs2a50

Without knowing which specific post or which thread, it's hard to say. If you can let us know the next time it happens, we can try to pinpoint the issue.

15. Cath_

might you look at my completed layouts with links to tread and the gallery (and no bunch little thunbnails at end like me usually do)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  16. mrs2a50

17. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Did the August coupons go out yet?

18. klee73010

I haven't received mine yet. *being patient* :)

19. mrs2a50

Sorry ladies - I'm getting ready to finalize everything and send them out this morning.

20. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

:yippee

You're so good to us!! :heartslub