PRD June Blog Challenge | Round Robin Recipe

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by jenn mccabe, Jun 16, 2018.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

prd_challenge_1806_ad_newsletter.jpg

Who’s ready for another Round Robin type of challenge? We had so much fun when we did this a few months ago. This time we are trying out a Round Robin Recipe Challenge.

The way this will work is you will be put in teams of three to work on a scrap recipe. You each will work on individual pages on your own, but you will be directing each other as to what goes on the page. Each of you will take a turn and decide on three “ingredients” (or instructions) to add to the scrap recipe. Your team will have a name, and you will post your instructions here in the forum thread. Please make sure you indicate your team name in bold first, followed by your three instructions. This way your team mates can find the instructions that they need to follow to complete their pages. As a team, make sure you have the "essentials" covered. For example someone should give instructions for at least one photo and someone should include instructions for your background paper(s). Once each member of your team provides their instructions for your scrap recipe, you can begin working on your individual page!

All teams can add:
    - a date,
    - a title and
    - journaling if they wish.

These are optional/extras to add to your page as per your preferences and do not need to be part of the instructions. But if you wish to instruct your team to do something challenging with a title you can! ***But nothing else beyond these 3 optional items and your team's instructions should be added to the page! Your challenge is to follow the scrap recipe created by your team (and you can add the optional date/title/journaling if you wish).
    75% Pink Reptile Designs products must be used on your page.

So, for example: if I am on Team Patterned Paper. I will post my set of 3 instructions for my team (here in this thread) like this:

Team Patterned Paper
    1) Add three papers (any kind- solid/patterns) to make up your background – how you arrange them/layer them is up to you, as long as we can see 3 papers.
    2) Add 3 photos – 1 large rectangle (this will be the focal photo), 2 smaller squares.
    3) Add a frame around the large rectangle (focal) photo.

Everyone on Team Patterned Paper, including me, will follow these instructions along with the 3 instructions by the other members of Team Patterned Paper. At the end you can reveal your pages so we can all see what everyone came up with. Sound Fun? Then join us! Sign up here in this thread and we'll get you on teams as soon as we can.

Our CT also played along with this Round Robin Recipe challenge. Please visit the PRD blog to see each of their instructions for their team ... and their finished pages!

As always please be sure to post a link to your gallery page on the blog in the comments section as well, so Mirjam knows you are playing. She picks a winner from the blog comments! Congrats to @Psychozoe for winning the May Challenge.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Psychozoe, Ga_L and mirjam like this.
  2. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

omg. thank you! this is so exciting!!!

MrsEm likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

4. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

Yay Team Washi Tape! Had lots of fun playing along.

5. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I'm In! Can't wait to play along!

6. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Ok I'm in but I have been at a 5 day swim meet that does not end until tonight and then have to drive 2 hours home so I will not even get to my computer until Mon morning (PT).

I'm home now, but exhausted and going to bed. Will check in the morning to see if anyone else joined. thanks ladies

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Hey girls, I am helping Jenn out a bit, so don't be surprised when you see me popping up here.

We have our first team with @Psychozoe @Cherylndesigns and @michele hillam You are Team Doily.

Please post your three instructions each here in this thread with Team Doily in the post so your team mates know what their instructions are. Have fun scrapping with those nine instructions, Apart from these you can all add:

- a date,
    - a title and
    - journaling if they wish.

Have fun scrapping and don't forget to post your pages in this thread as well as in the comments of the PRD blog post here.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Thanks for posting this, Rikki!! Yay - I love the name Team Doily!!

9. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

OK, I was so enthusiastic about my first challenge job that I made a mistake, :).

@Psychozoe is enjoying a well deserved vacation, but I took her joy about winning last month for her participation this month. So sorry, Susie!!!

Now, the new Team Doily is
    @Cherylndesigns @michele hillam and @Trish

Sorry for the confusion. I promise I'll do better from now on.

jenn mccabe and Psychozoe like this.
  10. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

RIkki, that would have been very easy to misunderstand :giggle:heartlub:beat no worries!

Cherylndesigns and Rikki like this.
  11. michele hillam

TEAM DOILY....I will go first if that is okay.....

1) Start with 1 focal photo and 1 or more smaller “secondary” photo/s or journal card/s. There isn’t a size limitation for the main photo, it just has to be bigger than the secondary one/s.

2) Add a solid or almost solid background paper.

3) Add one or more paint elements on your page.

Hope these are clear, I can’t wait to see what else you add!

Trish and Rikki like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

TEAM DOILY:

1. Put some kind of frame (can be a stroke) around the large photograph

2. Put a border around the outside (or nearly outside) of your layout

3. Add any kind of cluster (you can make your own or use one that's already made).

Welcome Trish @Trish and hope you're enjoying your vacay Zoe.
    Great instructions, Michele. Glad you kicked this off! I saw this thread about 1 AM and was too tired to think. LOL

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Psychozoe, Trish and Rikki like this.
  13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

This was so much fun and I can't wait to see how all of the other teams do!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Glad to be working with you again @Cherylndesigns and love the first instructions @michele hillam .

Ok so my instructions are:
    1. Layer two to three different papers under the photos
    2. Add 3 different pieces of wordart to your journaling/title
    3. Add a flower, button and washi tape

This is going to be fun! Can't wait to see your layouts Team Doily

Rikki and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Great list, Trish! I was hoping you'd add patterned paper! Off to get started.

Rikki likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

TEAM DOILY

I just finished mine. This has been fun! I made my "cluster" out of two pieces of knotted thread, @Trish - I used your washi tape, a flower and a button and I added ricrac.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  17. michele hillam

TEAM DOILY....Had a great time applying the recipe to my page....I made a cluster out of the beads, and leaves. I used stitching for my border and frame.
    [​IMG]

18. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Rikki and Cherylndesigns like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

I LOVE your layout, Michele! This was a great recipe from TEAM DOILY! :clap:clap

20. Cherylndesigns