Power Scrapping??

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by SirScrapalot, Jul 20, 2017.

1. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Great post, Aaron!! I did some Power Scrapping just yesterday! It felt good to finish a project that had been sitting for months!

3. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I only do power scrapping for my Disney books. I do it in steps and it feels so good to close out sometimes 20 pages in a day!

klee73010 likes this.
  4. SirScrapalot

Yah, I def. only use it for Disney Books or to catch up on PL when I was doing that...I started today and just took and hour to select and edit all of the photos I wanted to use.

krscraps likes this.
  5. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

My problem is I have too many to choose from. This last 5 day trip is a wopping 3 books (I don't like huge books, plus I have 4 free books from Shutterfly that expire end of September). I might try to do it as 2, but it's the same amount of pages.

I'm crazy with the camera. Haha

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've scrapped like this too when I have a bigger project I want to finish.

7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Thanks so much for this post, Aaron! I'm way behind on Project Life right now, so this is really motivating me to dedicate an hour a day to getting caught up! I think I'll need more than 5 days, but I'm excited to give Power Scrapping a try!

klee73010 likes this.
  8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I need to get on this for my scrapping goals this year, too. I had a goal of completing 2014. I am very close, I think, of having all those stories told, but getting folders set up and photos picked for the last bits would really help me get it completed. Thanks for the post, Aaron! I'm glad we were talking about the same thing, and that it has helped with the push you needed to complete a project!!!

bestcee likes this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I plan on power scrapping this weekend! LOVED the blog posts (both of them) and am inspired and filled up with mojo to scrap!

klee73010 likes this.
  10. SirScrapalot

I'm so glad this has been helpful to so many!

11. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks for the push Aaron @SirScrapalot! I'm never far behind on PL... but this year I've somehow gotten three months behind. I'm going to follow your plan, but I'm adding an extra day on the front. I have a planner just for PL where I write down what happened each day. Today I'm going to spend my time filling out the missing pages (I got behind with keeping up with it too)... I'll go through the family calendar, my photos, and the photos in our shared family iCloud to fill in the blanks. That way I'll know what photos I'm looking for and where to find them when I start your day one! I have got to get caught up since our next photo heavy travel week is coming up in a couple weeks and I know I'll be behind again after that.

bestcee likes this.
  13. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Oh my gosh, this post was so timely. I literally sat at my computer this weekend just staring at it. I am working to finish last year's project life and I could not get going. I'm going to try the power scrap thing and see if it helps.

14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I have a girlfriend that does this too!! It's amazing to watch her process...I'm too goldfish attention span to stick with it LOL!!

bestcee likes this.
  15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just wanted to give an update because I'm super excited....
    I did figure out over the weekend the status of my year. I determined I was down to less than 18 layouts to complete it! A couple monthly highlight spreads, and a couple stories.
    I've already set up my folders of photos, selected templates for actual scrapping pages (there are 7 layouts to be actually scrapped, the rest will be Project Life app). Then last night I did 5 of them from PL app "pile". I have a countdown going on in my head every time I get one completed (13 or less left!)... It's awesome! My album will be completed soooooooon!

MrsGaramer and krscraps like this.
  16. SirScrapalot

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Great ideas! I do a lot of albums and I like my two pages to match or at least go together. I especially like double-spreads to end up side by side. So one of things I do is put a text box on each page with what pictures I want to use on that page. Then if my doubles don't fall right, I can move pages around until they do. I am chronological scrapper, so it really helps me plan out my albums.

18. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm kind of power scrapping my Disneyland Paris trip album from 2015 this summer too.
    1. I've separated all my photos (well not everything yet, I'm still working on it) into folders per double page. So I have decided what goes on which pages. Numbered and all.
    2. I will select the photo's I'm gonna use on each (double) page in advance. So I'm gonna delete a whole lotta photos in advance. Eek! That's gonna be the scary bit but will also be the time saving part in the end.
    3. I have also decided to scrap either a double page in a blocked style, or go with one normal page and one blocked page aside each other. I learned that if I only do blocked pages, my motivation goes dooooown so fast. So I am mixing it up. But the blocked pages make it quick and easy too.
    4. Also I'm only using Project Mouse. So no searching through my stash. I do have a lot of packs and collections though... lol
    This makes me much more motivated to get this album done. I've made it my summer project. It's ridiculous I've been scrapping for 7 years and I have only 1 printed album to show for it.
    Having the whole album separated into pages with said photos, makes me able to choose a random place to scrap. So I can mix it up a little bit but not fear it's gonna mess up my whole system. That's gonna be good. It's what I did with my only printed album so I know it works. It's just a lot of work right now..

klee73010 likes this.