Photos You've Scrapped

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Jan 1, 2018.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So today I decided to go through all my photos and layouts to verify what photos and events I have scrapped and what photos and events I still need to scrap.

I find often, especially for CT work that I go to the same folders/photos and scrap them over and over, and now I've got a backlog that I haven't touched. But need to be scrapped.

So what do you do to ensure you're scrapping all the photos you need to? I'd love some tips, advice, etc. Thanks

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I just copy photos that i come across and want to scrap into a 'to scrap' folder as i find them, usually as i go thru my monthly photo folder, looking for specific photos (usually that search is sparked by a kit and i just find the others along the way) and i delete the copy after scrapping (the original stays in it's monthly photo within the year folder so they stay chronological). This is more my process for random every day photos rather than trip photos

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm a hot mess when it comes to this...I'm also running out of photos to scrap! We suck at taking people photos, so I have more landscape, building etc photos :(

I'm always afraid to take photos at home for fear of something being out of place or having toys/clothes in the shots...I overthink all the things.

4. LoveItScrapIt

Thanks for sharing your process

5. LoveItScrapIt

I don't mind that type of stuff....I think that's real life. It shows the everyday details. And you'd be surprised what a good photo crop can cut out if it's really bad. ROFL

bbymks5 and HeatherB like this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I keep all my pics in folders separated by year then months. In each of the month folders I have a "scrapped" folder. Now if I could only remember to move them into there once I scrap them... I try to do it right away but sometimes I don't & then I rescrap them! Lol!

cfile and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Lightroom. When I scrap a photo I color it purple. It's super easy to filter those out, and see what I've scrapped.

Now to add in the backlog before I discovered Lightroom!

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I make a list. In the family album I always include birthdays and holidays (Valentine's, Easter, Mother's Day etc) if there is a big event (my cousin's 50th), family get togethers etc. As long as the main things are done I don't sweat it.

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so random, and I don't think I would ever run out of photos to scrap. Plus, some are favorites and I'll re-scrap those a couple of times. That's one area where I'm not really organized - what is or isn't scrapped. I have albums that I build up to print. I will look to see what months might need a double layout and fill that in. I lean toward creativity scrapping lately.

wvsandy, cfile and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I keep a "Scrapbook" excel file. Whenever I download pictures (or when I sort them) I add that my "to-scrap" list in that excel file. So when I feel like scrapping, or when the new MOC challenge is posted, I go to that list and pick what fits that day's challenge. That's also how I make sure I haven't forgotten to scrap something important and how I know when I have enough pages done to print my next book. :)

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

See this is me. But I found this year there are some gaps in my albums and I want to fill them in. I found out while going through those gaps that there are a LOT of photos I haven't scrapped and then TOO many that have been done multiple times.....so I'm going to have to be creative and get shit done. ROFL!!!!

12. LoveItScrapIt

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

unless I'm making a vacation book - i am a random scrapper. i have no system except a 5 star for the ones i really love (5 star rating done in LR) and i do keep a folder with To Be Scrapped photos that I can easily grab from as well. i want to start doing the Purple color code or something similar that @bestcee does because I know I have grabbed the same photo again and again by mistake bc i forget which ones i've done and its tedious to go through my gallery.

cfile, bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  14. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'm going to keep an eye on this. I have to admit that I haven't even printed a single page since I started digital scrapbooking.

As a paper scrapper I never saw the need to scrap chronologically and pages could be moved around albums at will (also, they are in no particular order either!).

I guess my reason for scrapping isn't to have everything in order for people to look through, rather than self fulfilment of creativity and re-living memories myself. BUT I really need to make an effort to organise what I have done AND get things printed (even if only as pages not books) so I can leave an ordered legacy in the future.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I am trying to focus more on a few aspects of my life and getting some order into my scrapping is part of that.

Mylinn, bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

Yeah I've scrapped a few photos multiple times. It's like my brain just knows to go to that folder and it's quick. I'm using MOC to get some things scrapped.

16. LoveItScrapIt

I don't keep my albums in chrono order either. I do like the randomness to it. It's just that I've missed a LOT of photos because I don't have a system.

17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

old school here:
    3x5 cards for each month, stapled together by year.
    I write a small description of memory for each folder (by day)
    and highlight in Lily Pad green when photo or memory is scrapped.
    When my 3x5 card is all green.
    UPload and print book! lol

I am one year behind, and that is good! lol

cfile likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't feel a need to scrap a number of photos. I just scrap at least one page a week (usually more) and I feel any amount is good. I tend to scrap the "best" or "more important" photos first so I don't usually miss anything. I've never looked back and wished I hadn't forgotten to scrap something. I can always scrap it later anyway. I love putting a mixture of old and new events in my annual albums.

However, after a couple of times this fall when I found myself wondering whether I'd scrapped some specific photos, I decided to start tagging them when I scrap them. I just drag my photos from their folder to Photoshop as I'm scrapping, so it's easy to just right click on them and select one of the colored dots to tag them. So now, when I'm looking through my folders deciding what to scrap, I see little colored dots next to the file names of the pictures I've already scrapped so I know to keep looking.

bestcee likes this.
  19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'm bad. I don't print my traditional digiscrap pages. I'll prijt my pocket style "yearbooks" and trip books, but other than that, I scrap for fun and stress relief.

I should try to digiscrap more than just Disney pictures though. Haha. "There is life outside of Disney..." XD

bestcee likes this.
  20. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I keep my photos by year and month but don’t scrap them in any particular order, although I print books by year. When I find a bunch I haven’t scrapped, I pick the ones I plan to use and drop them into a blank Psd file so they are ready to go. I keep the PSD files in their own folder. I haven’t done this recently but I need to be better organized for MOC