Persnickety Book sale until Sept 16

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cookingmylife, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@cookingmylife It wants 23 images because you can use a photo on your cover...that's what I'm thinking it means. (You can also put a photo on the back, but they don't require it.)

And IDK how to autofill easily. It always resizes my LOs, which drives me bonkers. I want a "full photo on every page" autofill option. To get your photos on the page, I have to click the Photo Box on a certain page, then go to (PHOTO on the top left) and then click on the folder in which my LO is located. Then I drag/drop the LO to the photo box. You can't add a LO until the page has a photo box. To put a photo box on the page, you need to click on the page you want so it's "highlighted" in a blue outline, then go to LAYOUT>PAGE>1 PHOTO>click the big dark gray image, which is a full-page photo spot. (Or click on whatever you want; I'm assuming you're putting a square-shaped LO on your page.)

But that's in the Create Your Own. Autofill seems to work better for regular pics, not DS layouts.

Does that help at all, or did I misunderstand your question?

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I have ordered a book even though I have blank pages in it. I would have had 26 but two of my layouts would not upload even with name changes, changing the psd name and renaming etc etc. I'm stumped and will try calling PP again to ask if they can see anything wrong with the files. They uploaded just fine at another hosting site...

I will say it took me two more phone calls to understand the system of adding a photo to a page. It is 7 steps but I do see why because this is def designed to make books with all those various size images. It was Click the Page, click layout, click the small page image, click one photo, click full page photo, click Photos, click your chosen photo... Auto fill took all my 20some photos and added them to various size 'clipping masks" which would have meant adjusting every darn photo. There may be a way around this but since the staff are so nice on the phone, I'd call and ask before trying to do it myself.

I'll have to see what I want to do when I get this trip done; I think it will be 60+ pages. btw, with the $8 off the normal price of $24, it was $16 and then $5.99 for shipping. Free must have been a figment of my imagination or I was thinking of the free Shutterfly book which is on its way to me. I'm thinking Shutterfly may be a cheaper deal since they give you free books pretty often with just postage.

eta: I had a call from Persnickety about a line on one of my pages which, yes, was supposed to be there. I asked about the pages that would not upload and Tanner, bless his soul, had me send them to him via email. I haven't heard from him saying they didn't work and he was printing my book that afternoon. That issue is a mystery I hope never to see again.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017