Persnickety Book sale until Sept 16

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cookingmylife, Aug 30, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just got the email today for the 8" soft cover book sale. $16 (down from $24) for what I think is SIXTY pages! I started putting my monthly challenges in (post MOC) and I am still short! I may fill an album with all the heritage prints I have or just try to figure out how to make 60 work. I either have too few or too many...LOL

The code word is STORY.

Tree City, NancyBeck and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

What's the expiration date on that code Maureen, thanks ... and good luck getting your book to the 60 pages! :)

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, the 5x5 book is 60 pages, but the 8x8 book is 30 included. You can add up to 80 for additional cost per page.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

I see the email ... it states "for a limited time" ... :)

bestcee likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

What? Persnickety does books? :D

I've known for years that they make quality prints, but I stopped checking them out a couple years ago because they didn't make books and I prefer those. (I usually use Blurb.)

Thanks for sharing!

edited to add: I just went to check them out. So only 8x8 books. That would be nice for just photos, but I prefer my scrapbook pages bigger. Well, I'll keep checking them out.

6. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

If you look at the grey banner in the middle of the email, there is a $24 with a slash through it and then it says $16 and after that in much smaller print it states through September 16. Maureen also stated the date in the thread title. :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

duh - thanks @mollyc
    i just started classes and have been nursing a migraine all week ... my brain is mush! TY!

8. bestcee

And 5x5. I know that doesn't help you, because you like bigger {me too!}.

And seriously, I forgot about it too since I like bigger books than 5x5. I may try out the 8x8, just to see the quality. And then I'll know if I want to bug them about making bigger too! :giggle

9. cookingmylife

@bestcee Where are you seeing the info on the 8x8 size please? for the 5x5, I get this when I click on Product Info but I don't get anything when I click on the 8x8.

5x5 = 30 pages for the base price which means 60 sides.
    persnickety.png

10. bestcee

11. cookingmylife

Thanks @bestcee I was only looking on line and missed the info on the photos. They are def marketing this to the mobile market!

bestcee likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

Well according to Brian @Persnickety that 8x8 book defaults to 15 pages which is 30 layouts or sides. hmmm
    Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 4.56.33 PM.png

As I was trying to make a book, I added my 30 layouts (equals 15 pages, right???) and then got this message...

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 4.50.57 PM.png

I think they got a bit ahead of themselves in working out the details for the website.

13. bestcee

Nope! Here's the deal in my view. When I looked at it yesterday, those lines of text over the photo were underneath the photo on the desktop. But today, they are covered by the video, and shifted up on top of the photos. Hmmm....
    Capture.PNG

14. cookingmylife

I think I'll try with other images e.g. Project Life and see if I can get it to fill without giving me blank pages. I'm going to call but after Monday.

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I can't speak for the 8x8 books (cuz obvs they just came out with them), but I love their 5x5 as little scrapbooks for my kids. They're inexpensive, so I don't mind if the kids mess them up a bit. I make some pages in that size so I can figure out text/photo sizing. They look kinda weird compared to my regular 12x12 sized pages in my gallery lol, so I don't usually upload those pages here.

Anyway, there are 60 pages (30 actual pieces of paper) in the 5x5 book. I just looked on PP's Insta page and they say the 8x8 book has 30 pages:
    Screenshot_20170901-102242.png
    But that means the 8x8 book has only 15 actual pieces of paper. That just seems low to me. Like, not a very thick book for the base price.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  16. cookingmylife

@Tree City No, not great for an 8x8 book at $24 plus $5 shipping but not so bad at the $16 price (+$5.) It does seem skinny though

17. Tree City

@cookingmylife you know what's weird: I just watched the video in that screen shot I posted and I swear I counted more than 15 "flips" of the page. So now I do think they include more. Or the promo video showed a book with extra pages. Oh well. I guess I'll just shut up and order one for myself to see lol!

18. cookingmylife

@Tree City Did you order one? I'm going to call tomorrow and check.

I did get around do getting the free 8x8 Shutterfly book...deadline was tonight. That has my Challenge pages for May, June and July.

(For anyone seeing this on Sept 13, the code is 1FREEBOOK for an 8x8 hardback book 20 pages. Code expires tonight. )

19. Tree City

@cookingmylife No. I have a book started but I realized there's a gap in the timeline I wanted to cover. If I can make pages before Fri night then I'll order it.

Let us all know how you like the PP book, if you get one! I should just plop some photos in there and call it good lol.

20. cookingmylife

Well I called Persnickety today 1:30 EDT and have yet to hear back. I seem to have a couple issues.

1. In uploading my England 2016 images for this book, two of them will not upload. I have never had that happen. 12x12 3600.jpgs and the size is under 4MB. I'm at a loss here.

2. When I go to Make a Book both the 5" and the 8" Design Your Own...I do not know how to get my uploaded images to the Create Book section. I'm probably missing a simple step but cannot find it. If you want to do Auto Fill for either of those sizes, there's a little folder for your uploaded images.

3. From what I see in trying to do auto fill my 22 images still allow me to add 23 images. That's sure an odd #. I may just rename my layouts so that they will auto fill in the correct order.

Anyone have any suggestions?